• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Miraz will it be open Nov 14

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
I have limited wifi and battery so just coming out and asking though I suspect a post my already say . We are heading away from the coast and coming up with our game plan for arrival to Santiago. My five children and I have been walking since August 24th and can't believe we are almost there.
Hoping Miraz is open my book says " mid November" my friends says October and he called and there was no answer.
Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance!
Neve

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have limited wifi and battery so just coming out and asking though I suspect a post my already say . We are heading away from the coast and coming up with our game plan for arrival to Santiago. My five children and I have been walking since August 24th and can't believe we are almost there.
Hoping Miraz is open my book says " mid November" my friends says October and he called and there was no answer.
Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance!
Neve
looking at the CSJ webpage it says closed as of 3 NOV
http://www.csj.org.uk/about-us/hospitality-our-refuges/refugio-de-peregrinos-de-miraz-the-refugio/

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
if gronze is to be believed, there are open albergues in Baamonde, carbelledo, a lagoa,
the next town is quite a ways and albergue looks to be closed
good luck

Does anyone know?
Thanks in advance!
Neve

I read in a recent CSJ newsletter that a couple of new albergues had opened in or very close to Miraz.
Albergue Turistico Miraz near the old chicken farm and O'Abrigo at the end of the village.You may find one of these still open.

Great to know! We have had great luck finding places but did hope to break a long trek one day giving a friend time to catch up with us so this is great to know!
Thank you!!!!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.