• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Mirepoix- SJPP

yossi shabo

Time of past OR future Camino
I am planning to walk the camino from france to spain. i am trying to figure out where to start in france, might be paris/ bordeux.
hello,

im planning my first camino, which will be in a month.
im planning to take the piemont route from mirepoix to sjpdp and then to santiago, i will have around 7 weeks to do that.
i was wondering, since i havent found one in the forums, if there is a guide for that route (gr 78). and also, im planning to sleep along the road with a tent in order to keep it in budget. has anyone tryied to do that?

if anyone has some recommendations, i would love to hear:)

thanks ahead,
yossi

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
In all my time walking 3 1/2 Caminos I have only ever seen a tent twice, once on the Primitivo and once somewhere between Logrono and Burgos on the French route. I seem to think it is quite heavy taking a tent and the albergues can be very cheap. Ablutions may be a problem if you are camping. You have to decide and weigh up the options. Best wishes

hello,

im planning my first camino, which will be in a month.
im planning to take the piemont route from mirepoix to sjpdp and then to santiago, i will have around 7 weeks to do that.
i was wondering, since i havent found one in the forums, if there is a guide for that route (gr 78). and also, im planning to sleep along the road with a tent in order to keep it in budget. has anyone tryied to do that?

if anyone has some recommendations, i would love to hear:)

thanks ahead,
yossi

This is a beautiful route. If you read French, there is a Lepere guide called "Sur le Chemin de Saint-Jacques-de-Compostelle (La Voie des Piemonts, entre Cevennes et Pyenees) published in 2013. There are quite a few reasonably priced places to stay if you decide against camping. would be glad to answer any questions you have.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
great. thanks for the help.

Back