• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mishap

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Oh Peter, I'm so so sorry to hear this! You were so looking forward to this. You are writing " little mishap ". Does this mean that you can start walking in say two or three weeks? And maybe send your pack ahead?

Anyway...wishing you all the best and some virtual chocolate Easter eggs to ease the pain.

Take really good care.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Peter, I am sorry this has happened. I hope you have a speedy and complete recovery and are back on the Camino soon.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Oh Peter, I'm so so sorry to hear this! You were so looking forward to this. You are writing " little mishap ". Does this mean that you can start walking in say two or three weeks? And maybe send your pack ahead?

Anyway...wishing you all the best and some virtual chocolate Easter eggs to ease the pain.

Take really good care.
Hi Sabine, thank you for the best wishes and the virtual Easter eggs.
I have decited not to walk the Camino this year.
It was not easy to decite this.
We go the weekend to Antwerp as planned.
Will visit Leuven next week to visit the exhibition about the Camino .

Wish you all the best Sabine.

Oh dear Peter! So sorry to hear this. Are us vets failing now?
- Would this idea help?
I am recovered since yesterday and getting tempted to go and catch that 23:45 coach to the airport tomorrow.
Good for you All.
Glad to hear that you are better.
Wish you all the best All.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Liking that post is not possible! I'm very sorry to read this news, Peter.
Wishing you very speedy healing and recovery. Can you start a wee bit later?
Thank you for the kind words.
I decited yesterday to not walk the Camino this year.
Wish you well,Peter.

Yes, so sorry to hear, Peter! Rest well and hope you'll be on the trail soon. Any problems with changing flights, etc.?
My wife booked her vacation alone in three weeks , not doing the Camino this year I will go with here.
Would be nice to.
Wish you well,Peter.

Hi Sabine, thank you for the best wishes and the virtual Easter eggs.
I have decited not to walk the Camino this year.
It was not easy to decite this.
We go the weekend to Antwerp as planned.
Will visit Leuven next week to visit the exhibition about the Camino .

Wish you all the best Sabine.

Hi might meet you then...going myself to Leuven on saturday...

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Peter,

I understand, perhaps a wee bit better than some. I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder (I'm left-handed). We're supposed to travel through Central Europe beginning early next month. It's going to be close, but both my physician and physical therapist are working the issue with me.

Best wishes to you for a prompt and complete recovery.

-- Glenn

Hi all, had a little mishap yesterday.
Damage my shoulder, this means that I'am not allowed to walk with a backpack for the next couple of weeks.
And it means also no Camino starting next friday.

It's what it is.

Wish you well,Peter.

Peter I'm so sad to hear your news! I think it must be almost 2 years ago since we met at Orrison... Wishing you a speedy recovery!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Damage my shoulder, this means that I'am not allowed to walk with a backpack for the next couple of weeks.

It's what it is.

Wish you well,Peter.
Aw Peter that's no good, sorry to hear this news. Couldn't you send your pack on and just walk a little part of each day? Shame to miss out completely.
I hope you heal quickly.
Kate

It's what it is.

Wish you well,Peter.
-- I heard a story of a guy that pulled/pushed a trolley for a good bit of the camino after falling and dislocating his shoulder.

- Would this idea help?
I am recovered since yesterday and getting tempted to go and catch that 23:45 coach to the airport tomorrow.

That's what I would do .... go and have pack transported ...

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Go Al, go! Plan A - walk. Plan B - go to Spain but I'd take something to put on the ground, to sit or lie on, just in case I got dizzy - and rely on the excellent Spanish health system.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Aw Peter that's no good, sorry to hear this news. Couldn't you send your pack on and just walk a little part of each day? Shame to miss out completely.
I hope you heal quickly.
Kate
Don't want to send my pack ahead,it's not me.

Peter,

I understand, perhaps a wee bit better than some. I am recovering from rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder (I'm left-handed). We're supposed to travel through Central Europe beginning early next month. It's going to be close, but both my physician and physical therapist are working the issue with me.

Best wishes to you for a prompt and complete recovery.

-- Glenn
Thank you Glenn and best wishes to you to.

€46,-
- Would this idea help?
This is such GOOD news Al......take good care though and go well....Camino Hugs.

Oh Peter....what a nuisance it is when our bodies get injured in some way or, when they just 'up and cease working as they should'......wishing you a speedy recovery and hopes that all will be well soon and that you will, once again, be on your way.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Go Al, go! Plan A - walk. Plan B - go to Spain but I'd take something to put on the ground, to sit or lie on, just in case I got dizzy - and rely on the excellent Spanish health system.
HaHa. I always carry my rugby team's flag for that very purpose. It is large enough for the picnic too but light and foilds up small. Also a good sunshade (if I am lucky enough).

HaHa. I always carry my rugby team's flag for that very purpose. It is large enough for the picnic too but light and foilds up small. Also a good sunshade (if I am lucky enough).
Such a good suggestion from Kanga and a good move from yourself Al.... All good wishes for Easter.

Peter,

I am going to be blunt here. Have you never heard the phrase "Where there's a will there's a way"?
Have you thought about getting a trolley to drag your stuff behind you?
Getting a donkey?
Travelling ultra light and just taking what you can put in your pockets?
Employing a sherpa?
Getting yourself all strapped up and ignoring doctors orders? (Don't do this one, that's crazy).
Hiring a bike and stuffing all your gear in panniers?
Bribing a different pilgrim each morning to carry your backpack for you?
Using the various back pack forwarding services.

Have I given you enough to think about? Stop making excuses, lace up your boots and get going.

Get well very quickly and go as soon as you can. All the best.

Hello, Peter,
I was supposed to go on Camino since 01.04.17, with my husband. On the bus station I had twisted my right feet, so...My husband went alone, and I spend the nigt on Emergncy. DOn"t worry. I thnk that it is not a mistake of God. I do not relize why and what for, but I am pretty sure that the accident was the best Camino for me. ...;.too much to say about the time I spend alone in our house. And the time when we are in contact, we pray together, read together. But we are not together. Probably we had a lot of things to do alone....
Hi,
Don"t worry. be happy. When you prepare to Camino, it begins immidiately, at home, at work, before you go ...

@Gareth Griffith my turn to be blunt. What on earth is wrong with deciding to forgo your own camino to enjoy a holiday with your wife? Peter has considered trolleys and pack services - they are not for him. Isn't that OK? I'm not sure how helpful it is to suggest he is just not trying hard enough.

I'm not sure how helpful it is to suggest he is just not trying hard enough.

I agree.

Back in the mid-20th century, there were ESSO gasoline stations in the United States. During that era, a swarm of 100 bees was traveling cross-country in search of a new home. Come break-time they looked down and saw a road intersection beneath them. On one corner there was a SHELL station, and on another there was an ESSO station. 99 of those bees peeled off and went to the SHELL station, while the last bee went to the ESSO station.

Can you guess the moral to that story? ;)

Last edited:
Peter,

I am going to be blunt here. Have you never heard the phrase "Where there's a will there's a way"?
Have you thought about getting a trolley to drag your stuff behind you?
Getting a donkey?
Travelling ultra light and just taking what you can put in your pockets?
Employing a sherpa?
Getting yourself all strapped up and ignoring doctors orders? (Don't do this one, that's crazy).
Hiring a bike and stuffing all your gear in panniers?
Bribing a different pilgrim each morning to carry your backpack for you?
Using the various back pack forwarding services.

Have I given you enough to think about? Stop making excuses, lace up your boots and get going.

Get well very quickly and go as soon as you can. All the best.
I 'am getting blunt here as well , first of all I don't make excuses here . And the frase thing where you talk about,what schall I say ??

@Gareth Griffith my turn to be blunt. What on earth is wrong with deciding to forgo your own camino to enjoy a holiday with your wife? Peter has considered trolleys and pack services - they are not for him. Isn't that OK? I'm not sure how helpful it is to suggest he is just not trying hard enough.
Thank you.
Wish you well,Peter.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
It's what it is.
Wish you well,Peter.

So sorry to hear that, Peter. Wishing you a speedy recovery - and a lovely holiday with your wife.
Nuala

It's what it is.

Wish you well,Peter.
Could you not go ahead but instead of carrying the backpack, get it transported each day until you are fit to carry it. I have seen many pilgrims walking with nothing on their back but their shirt. Get well soon and Buen Camino

Just read you are planning a holiday with your wife. Personally if its a choice between the camino and my wife, she wins everytime. It was for her I walked my last two caminos and got her name on the compostela. My ideal holiday is a cruise with her and if there is a bit of time elsewhere in the year then I walk :)

Just read you are planning a holiday with your wife. Personally if its a choice between the camino and my wife, she wins everytime. It was for her I walked my last two caminos and got her name on the compostela. My ideal holiday is a cruise with her and if there is a bit of time elsewhere in the year then I walk :)
My wife has here own Compostela , she walked in 2013 from SJPdP to Santiago.

Doing a cruise is on our wish list to.

Wish you well,Peter.

€149,-
Even lifting packs can set off a shoulder injury again. It's just not worth the risk of doing permanent damage which might then require surgery to fix.

Peter,
You are making a wise decision to listen to the doctors.
What a wonderful alternative you have! A relaxing holiday with your wife!
Have a great holiday.

There will, no doubt, be another time for your Camino.

Even lifting packs can set off a shoulder injury again. It's just not worth the risk of doing permanent damage which might then require surgery to fix.

Peter,
You are making a wise decision to listen to the doctors.
What a wonderful alternative you have! A relaxing holiday with your wife!
Have a great holiday.

There will, no doubt, be another time for your Camino.
Thank is the kind words.

Wish you well,Peter.

Peter sorry to hear your not walking this year on camino but do put some pics of the visit to the exhibition about the Camino in Leuven on the "Where I walked today" thread! If that is ok with the mods ?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Peter sorry to hear your not walking this year on camino but do put some pics of the visit to the exhibition about the Camino in Leuven on the "Where I walked today" thread! If that is ok with the mods ?

Yes Peter , would be nice!
Btw @pilgrim b : there are already some pics of Leuven in one of the older Where I walked today threads :)

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Oh Peter, I´m so sorry to hear about your accident.
(Nine years ago I broke my shoulder, and for the following months I wasn´t able to dress myself, take a bath or shower without help, or tie my shoes for that matter.) Don´t listen to anyone else than yourself or your doctor about what is the best for you and your shoulder. The Camino will be there waiting for you, when you decides it´s time to walk.

I wish you a full recovery, get well soon.

Oh Peter, I´m so sorry to hear about your accident.
(Nine years ago I broke my shoulder, and for the following months I wasn´t able to dress myself, take a bath or shower without help, or tie my shoes for that matter.) Don´t listen to anyone else than yourself or your doctor about what is the best for you and your shoulder. The Camino will be there waiting for you, when you decides it´s time to walk.

I wish you a full recovery, get well soon.
Wish you well,Peter.

Most read last week in this forum

I'm about a 6 weeks away from beginning the French Camino. Depending on how I feel when I get to St. Jean, I will either take a train back to Portugal, or continue on to Santiago. In the...
Hola, I was really hoping to walk the Camino again this coming summer but despite all my hopes and planning I am in need of a hip replacement instead, yea! I walked the Frances in 2017 and have...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back