• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Misleading signeage on the Camino de Levante

Dickwilbur

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Prim, VF (Twice), VDLP, Moz, Lev
Just done Las Pedroneras to El Toboso. El toboso is 10 km beyond mota del cuevo. The official signage, white signs on posts with gr239 on it at moats, say it is only 4 km. Whilst it is a great section to walk, there is very little shade and you will be there at the hottest part of the day. Believe the guia and not the signage and take muchas agua

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Just done Las Pedroneras to El Toboso. El toboso is 10 km beyond mota del cuevo. The official signage, white signs on posts with gr239 on it at moats, say it is only 4 km. Whilst it is a great section to walk, there is very little shade and you will be there at the hottest part of the day. Believe the guia and not the signage and take muchas agua
I note the information for a check by the AACS-CV.
Do you have exact situation of this wrong signal, and possibly a picture?
Buen Camino

I note the information for a check by the AACS-CV.
Do you have exact situation of this wrong signal, and possibly a picture?
Buen Camino
Hi Jean-Luc. There's 3 that are incorrect. In Santa María de los Llanos is it says so Toboso 13km. As you go under the autovia before Mota de Cuerva it says 8km. The last sign as you leave more, just before crossing over the autobus says 4km. It wasn't until I was at the top of the hill crossing the second autovia that I realised how badly wrong it was. Sorry, didn't take a picture. Also y the last sign, someone has put a professionall made sign suggesting that the Levante goes to the right after the first bridge towards what looks like an industrial estate on a nearby hill. Should be removed Google says 1 km longer that way. Also in Don Fadrique, municipal reception is closed.

Currently in Mora . Having a great camino. Best wishes to all the Amigos in Valencia.

Richard

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Richard, it's you....
Yes I remenber some doubts in that area last time I was there. Wednesday I will comment that at the Asociación.
I also remenber un a village of that part a nice camino painting on a wall, but with a 100 km error for distancies.
Have a buen camino!

Hi Richard, it's you....
Yes I remenber some doubts in that area last time I was there. Wednesday I will comment that at the Asociación.
I also remenber un a village of that part a nice camino painting on a wall, but with a 100 km error for distancies.
Have a buen camino!
20220603_110922.jpg

Hi Jean-Luc. There's 3 that are incorrect. In Santa María de los Llanos is it says so Toboso 13km. As you go under the autovia before Mota de Cuerva it says 8km. The last sign as you leave more, just before crossing over the autobus says 4km. It wasn't until I was at the top of the hill crossing the second autovia that I realised how badly wrong it was. Sorry, didn't take a picture. Also y the last sign, someone has put a professionall made sign suggesting that the Levante goes to the right after the first bridge towards what looks like an industrial estate on a nearby hill. Should be removed Google says 1 km longer that way. Also in Don Fadrique, municipal reception is closed.

Currently in Mora . Having a great camino. Best wishes to all the Amigos in Valencia.

Richard
I found that many of the “professional” signs to be off with their distances along the Levante. But if you have a daily goal of which town you want to end up at, well, the distance is just gonna be the distance it is. Could be a pain though if you are planning as you go. My advice after doing this route to anyone thinking of doing it is to do some research before you head out. I’m glad I did and had some kind of a plan before I left home. A route I’ll be doing again one day.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back