• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Missing Korean near Finisterre - does anyone know more?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Guardia Civil were all over the place at Cabo Fisterra today, but I don't know if that is the reason.

Most likely it is. Sadly it looks like another pilgrim taking the 'traditional' swim at the end of the world ...
So sad, please be careful and realise that the Cabo Finisterre is very, every dangerous swimming ground ...
So sad ...
SY

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I can only agree with SY very sad, if you are planning this walk please swim at the beach as you enter the town of Finnesterre it is inside the bay with people around. The lighthouse farther out is open ocean with the currents that go with it. I am very sad for him & his family.

Oh dear, I was hoping that the newspaper report was out of date. I'm so sorry for this pilgrim and his loved ones.

Sadly it looks like another pilgrim taking the 'traditional' swim at the end of the world

It may be not the case this time. I have read several news articles about this accident, and they all state that his backpack has been found, but none of them says any of his clothes have been found.
If this picture (link) is the actual picture where they found his backpack, I think most likely he fell down from those rocks. It is at the very tip of the peninsula below the Finisterra cross.

Last edited by a moderator:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
A follow up story in November 2016 says he was never found and the search has ended without a determination of facts on his disappearance.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back