• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mochila de la luz - video clip

MarkyD

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francés 31/08/2018 - 20/10/2018
I heard about this about a month ago, so it's great to see that it has come to fruition. The video clip here is from a Spanish local TV channel. It's about the relay walk from Roncesvalles to Santiago de Compostela, which is undertaken by volunteer walkers in Spain to carry a special rucksack as a heart felt tribute to the many thousands of people that have died during the pandemic crisis. I'm not sure if this has been posted here before, so I have posted this link for those who can understand Spanish. They are scheduled to arrive in SdC on 24th July. The video was taken near the ruins of the convent of San Anton, just before Castrojeriz, a week ago. I reckon that they are probably somewhere near León by now - but I'm not really sure. If you check their Facebook page I'm sure it will have live updates. (See second link below)
Buen Camino, Mark

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
just passing Leon now, heading for Vilar de Mazarife, with our friend Lee Tolman of Albergue Vilares de Orbigo! A few members of this forum are part of this march: Paul Garland (UK hospitalero from Zamora), Michael Matynka (Wise Pilgrim), Father Daniel from the Marist Fathers at Albergue Santa Cruz, Sahagun. And me. I walked three etapas this week with the Light of the Camino, and enjoyed it a lot.

just passing Leon now, heading for Vilar de Mazarife, with our friend Lee Tolman of Albergue Vilares de Orbigo! A few members of this forum are part of this march: Paul Garland (UK hospitalero from Zamora), Michael Matynka (Wise Pilgrim), Father Daniel from the Marist Fathers at Albergue Santa Cruz, Sahagun. And me. I walked three etapas this week with the Light of the Camino, and enjoyed it a lot.
Excellent, it must be a wonderful feeling to be part of this march. Hats off to all of those involved. I'll be visiting family in Ponferrada and Villafranca del Bierzo from next Monday evening until Friday, so I'm going to see if I can come and salute the group in person. Buen Camino and let the light shine

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
And what a tribute it has become. To follow the daily relay on Facebook search for La Luz del Camino.

Yesterday members of the León Amigos Association walked with la niña (how the backpack with light is affectionately called) from León to Villar de Manzarife. I then carried on by myself to my albergue in Villares de Orbigo. I only passed three brave souls (it was scorching hot) two of which spent the night with us.

Attachments

• DSC_0105.JPG
    DSC_0105.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 19
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
They reached O Cebreiro today, they did some live feeds of moments on the way up there and arriving.
This journey seemed like a noble idea when I first heard it, but now over the weeks it has gradually drawn me in and I feel very emotionally connected to it. Fermin( Casa Susi) put an offer out there today on the live feed regarding the messages that would be read out in the Cathedral, if you want to know what it was then check out the Facebook page, some Spanish pronunciation lessons are thrown in for free as well👍

I did not want a Facebook page but the more I looked at various Camino's I realised that some associations only posted up to date info on FB, and gradually it has drawn me in as well. The best I can say about it is that it makes your personal conditioning easy, which isn't that great at all.

They reached O Cebreiro today, they did some live feeds of moments on the way up there and arriving.
This journey seemed like a noble idea when I first heard it, but now over the weeks it has gradually drawn me in and I feel very emotionally connected to it. Fermin( Casa Susi) put an offer out there today on the live feed regarding the messages that would be read out in the Cathedral, if you want to know what it was then check out the Facebook page, some Spanish pronunciation lessons are thrown in for free as well👍
Uff, we were there yesterday evening. Me and my wife are staying with family here in Villafranca del Bierzo, we tried to find them yesterday, but to no avail. Our only chance now might be in Fonfría tomorrow. We are going to Las Herrerías in the morning for a horse ride with Viktor at One Day Bike, so after that we could drive over to Fonfría and try one last time to get to see "La Niña". If not, then I'm afraid it might be a case of "Hasta la vista, baby"

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back