• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Moissac to Condom

HeatherWriter

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2012
Le Puy- Roncesvalles & Figeac-Rocamadour 2014
Le Puy-Conques & CeleValley 2016
Is the section from M to C pretty? I'm a bit short of days and was planning on taking the train from here-Moissac-to the Pays Basque but seems it might be better to skip the section from Condom. Any thoughts? I have found the route from conques to here less interesting, but that's because Le puy to conques is so astoundingly stunning!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
It is quite pretty; first along the canal, then across the hills through Auvillar.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Actually, I think the last photo was after Condom, sorry.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406635180.653395.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406635180.653395.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 15
Thanks-lovely pics kanga. How about condom onwards-I understand it's a bit flat and uninteresting, especially in the height of summer? And any idea about bus transport out of condom-the gare here couldn't tell me-?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There are a few dreary bits here and there after Condom and more so later on, but I'm surprised folks make such a big deal about the contrast. I tend to take the scenery as it comes. Less dramatic can mean easier going, allowing you to look up, hold a conversation with a fellow hiker or the sky, breathe differently.

If you just walk until you run out of time, then you'll have to consider how to leave the chemin and get wherever you need to go. In the very late stages, I think bus service can be spotty/non-existent, so you might be looking for a ride, taxi, hitch, etc.

If you end your walk as early as Aire sur l'Ardour, which I believe is the last place you can get an SNCF bus to leave the chemin (for Pau and onward rail connections), you cut 5 or 6 days off the trek to SJPP.

If you feel a need to reach SJPP, there's an SNCF bus from Condom to Aire sur l'Ardour. That would allow you to skip 3 or 4 days of hiking. You'd miss Lectoure and some other spots I like, but avoid the dreary (IMHO) long, flat (but shady) slog into Eauze.

Bill

Thanks bill-great info. I don't want to skip anything but have to. I know what you mean about the 'boring ' stretches-I loved the meseta in Spain for the big skies and solitude too. Will hopefully be able to return and do this 'missing' section in the future.

Good advice from Bill .
We enjoyed the walk from Aire sur l'Adour , its a great town with a lively market with great stops before Spain.
But i would book accommodation before i caught the bus from Condom and if staying in a "great" gite there explain the situation about missing 3 days.
There has been a previous article about being refused a bed because of public transport.
In saying that i think the previous one was a bus from Cahors .

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Thanks-lovely pics kanga. How about condom onwards-I understand it's a bit flat and uninteresting, especially in the height of summer? And any idea about bus transport out of condom-the gare here couldn't tell me-?

No, I don't agree, I would say the only day I found a bit boring was between Nogaro and Aire sur L'Adour. We walked with two other couples from Moissac to Aire and they had not done any long distance hikes before, but have since. Both couples loved the whole walk.

Here are some assorted photos between Condom and Aire

ImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406722787.698075.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406722825.184836.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406722852.119975.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406722903.144479.jpgImageUploadedByCamino de Santiago Forum1406722931.424761.jpg

From my perspective, the first day out of Moissac was beautiful but it's flat, treed and paved walking along beside a canal for most of the way. Easy for that reason although I rather walk on almost anything but pavement. It's my one small beef with the Le Puy route - way too much pavement. I loved walking up to Auvillar and enjoyed the evening there. Like Bill I tend to take the scenery as it comes so it's hard to piece it up. There are always things to enjoy - but then we perhaps all enjoy slightly different things so who knows? It definitely does get pretty flat in spots and as the mountains come closer towards SJPP it is (IMO) stunningly beautiful again. If you're comfortable with the uncertainty you'd possibly be better to play it by ear when you're there.
Buen camino
Cecelia

Attachments

• first day out of Moissac.JPG
    first day out of Moissac.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • Auvillar maketplace.JPG
    Auvillar maketplace.JPG
    237.3 KB · Views: 9
  • between Auvillar and Lectoure.JPG
    between Auvillar and Lectoure.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
  • entering Romieu.JPG
    entering Romieu.JPG
    203.4 KB · Views: 10
I plan to arrive Moissac via train in 2 days. Can anyone offer specifics re luggage transfer (phone or email addresses to SJPP?
Separately, I am acting under the assumption that at this time of year I don't need gite reservations.. am I foolish?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I plan to arrive Moissac via train in 2 days. Can anyone offer specifics re luggage transfer (phone or email addresses to SJPP?
Separately, I am acting under the assumption that at this time of year I don't need gite reservations.. am I foolish?

No problems with accommodation from now on.
When you arrive go to Rom and Aideen and they will give you all the required info for luggage transportation to St JPP

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back