• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Moissac to SJPP in October?

Sagiberg

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi
We intend to to go from Moissac to SJPP on October .Did anyone here went through this part of the Camino at this time and can tell how the weather was? Is this rainy season usually? Very cold?... Thanks'

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I did not walk this way, but lived in the region some time. With weather you never know, but what I can tell you is that there is a big difference between early October (moderately cold and some rain), and late October (definitely winter, tougher climate). Anyway, it is not extreme; you just need good equipment and some planning (including resevations). Look at the stats for Aire-sur-Adour (more or less, half of your way) here.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you Felipe and Kitsambler:)Your advices are very helpful. I'll try to start on the 28.09 and thus hopefully enjoy another week of good weather

I did not walk this way, but lived in the region some time. With weather you never know, but what I can tell you is that there is a big difference between early October (moderately cold and some rain), and late October (definitely winter, tougher climate). Anyway, it is not extreme; you just need good equipment and some planning (including resevations). Look at the stats for Aire-sur-Adour (more or less, half of your way) here.
Thank you Felipe,
It' s a great help.I think that we will try to start in the last week of September and might enjoy better weather

Good choice. I walked the Piedmont (along the Pyrinees) in late September. It was moderately cold, with occasional light rains. More difficult in the heights because of muddy paths, but perfectly doable.
Moissac is a wonderful place to start. I liked the monastery very much.
Bon chemin!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Good choice. I walked the Piedmont (along the Pyrinees) in late September. It was moderately cold, with occasional light rains. More difficult in the heights because of muddy paths, but perfectly doable.
Moissac is a wonderful place to start. I liked the monastery very much.
Bon chemin!
🤗Thanks

We left Moissac on 21st September 2016 and had beautiful weather (mostly).
We were cold the last day into Saint-Jean but I had not dressed properly for the frost. That was 10th October, but it turned into a beautiful day.
You’re planning on a bit later, but as you don’t seem to be getting many answers I thought I’d add mine.
We loved it.

We left Moissac on 21st September 2016 and had beautiful weather (mostly).
We were cold the last day into Saint-Jean but I had not dressed properly for the frost. That was 10th October, but it turned into a beautiful day.
You’re planning on a bit later, but as you don’t seem to be getting many answers I thought I’d add mine.
We loved it.
Thank you John,
We hope to arrive to SJPP on the 13.10 and cross to Spain. Hope that it will still be possible

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Yes, it should be possible, if not on the Route Napoleon, then through Valcarlos. Ask for a weather update at the Pilgrim Office in Saint-Jean the day before. Be prepared for cold weather on the Route Napoleon, at least.
John

Yes, it should be possible, if not on the Route Napoleon, then through Valcarlos. Ask for a weather update at the Pilgrim Office in Saint-Jean the day before. Be prepared for cold weather on the Route Napoleon, at least.
John
Thanks John🙂

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
@Sagiberg
So, how did it go?
It was great. We started on the 27.09 and crossed through Napoleon's route on the 16.10.
Mostly the weather was beautiful. During the cross, as we arrived to Orisson, the weather changed and 25kmp wind with rain and 46kmp gusts of wind were constant till the top. We felt like going against a wall. It was an amazing experience and we felt that this 350km and the crossing to Spain were simply perfect. If you go on this time take in consideration that the weather is unpredictable on the mountain and the accuracy of the forecast is not so good.
I start these days to write memories in our blog , you might find it helpful.
www.fineshmakerway.com
good luck:)

Excellent report and glad you enjoyed it. I think the border crossing makes a better end stage than SJPDP.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well done, pleased you enjoyed it and had the right g ew r for the conditions
John

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back