A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Moissac to SJPP in October?

Camino Badges

Sagiberg

Camino(s) past & future
Hi
We intend to to go from Moissac to SJPP on October .Did anyone here went through this part of the Camino at this time and can tell how the weather was? Is this rainy season usually? Very cold?... Thanks'

Felipe

Veteran Member
I did not walk this way, but lived in the region some time. With weather you never know, but what I can tell you is that there is a big difference between early October (moderately cold and some rain), and late October (definitely winter, tougher climate). Anyway, it is not extreme; you just need good equipment and some planning (including resevations). Look at the stats for Aire-sur-Adour (more or less, half of your way) here.

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Camino(s) past & future
Le Puy 2010-11, Prague 2012, Nuremberg 2013, Einsiedeln 2015, Geneva 2017-18
The other factor to consider is the French school holiday schedule; the fall term holiday is from 16 Oct - 3 Nov (https://about-france.com/school-holidays.htm) in 2019. Be sure to call several days ahead for reservations.

Sagiberg

Camino(s) past & future
Thank you Felipe and Kitsambler:)Your advices are very helpful. I'll try to start on the 28.09 and thus hopefully enjoy another week of good weather

Sagiberg

Camino(s) past & future
I did not walk this way, but lived in the region some time. With weather you never know, but what I can tell you is that there is a big difference between early October (moderately cold and some rain), and late October (definitely winter, tougher climate). Anyway, it is not extreme; you just need good equipment and some planning (including resevations). Look at the stats for Aire-sur-Adour (more or less, half of your way) here.
Thank you Felipe,
It' s a great help.I think that we will try to start in the last week of September and might enjoy better weather

Felipe

Veteran Member
Good choice. I walked the Piedmont (along the Pyrinees) in late September. It was moderately cold, with occasional light rains. More difficult in the heights because of muddy paths, but perfectly doable.
Moissac is a wonderful place to start. I liked the monastery very much.
Bon chemin!

Sagiberg

Camino(s) past & future
Good choice. I walked the Piedmont (along the Pyrinees) in late September. It was moderately cold, with occasional light rains. More difficult in the heights because of muddy paths, but perfectly doable.
Moissac is a wonderful place to start. I liked the monastery very much.
Bon chemin!
🤗Thanks

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Le Puy (2016)
Vézelay (2019)
Norte (2019)
We left Moissac on 21st September 2016 and had beautiful weather (mostly).
We were cold the last day into Saint-Jean but I had not dressed properly for the frost. That was 10th October, but it turned into a beautiful day.
You’re planning on a bit later, but as you don’t seem to be getting many answers I thought I’d add mine.
We loved it.

Sagiberg

Camino(s) past & future
We left Moissac on 21st September 2016 and had beautiful weather (mostly).
We were cold the last day into Saint-Jean but I had not dressed properly for the frost. That was 10th October, but it turned into a beautiful day.
You’re planning on a bit later, but as you don’t seem to be getting many answers I thought I’d add mine.
We loved it.
Thank you John,
We hope to arrive to SJPP on the 13.10 and cross to Spain. Hope that it will still be possible

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2015)
Le Puy (2016)
Vézelay (2019)
Norte (2019)
Yes, it should be possible, if not on the Route Napoleon, then through Valcarlos. Ask for a weather update at the Pilgrim Office in Saint-Jean the day before. Be prepared for cold weather on the Route Napoleon, at least.
John

Sagiberg

Camino(s) past & future
Yes, it should be possible, if not on the Route Napoleon, then through Valcarlos. Ask for a weather update at the Pilgrim Office in Saint-Jean the day before. Be prepared for cold weather on the Route Napoleon, at least.
John
Thanks John🙂

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.4%
  • February

Votes: 6 0.6%
  • March

Votes: 43 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 162 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 261 24.5%