• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Monbus transport

Marietjie

Time of past OR future Camino
September 2017
A friend and I want to travel by bus from Logrono to Ourense late September. It seems that there is only one bus departing 04hoo, which is quite early in the morning. Can anyone tell me how far the bus stop is from the route or better even, from Albergue Logrono were we will overnight?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
It's some 10-12 blocks from the albergue. It's on avenida Espana.

If you google both the albergue and for Monbus Logrono, you will see where each place is on maps, and you can compare them.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I've gott it! Thanks again! I believe it will be safe that early in the morning?

I've gott it! Thanks again! I believe it will be safe that early in the morning?
Fantastic, happy to have helped. Also, as walk into town from the Camino you will pass a tourism kiosk by the bridge. They can give you a city map.

Do you think it will be safe for us to walk to the bus station at 4 in the morning?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
William, yes, but the only problem is that there's only one train per day departing from Logrono and the departure time is 01.05, even worse than the bus! In the middle of the night!

Do you think it will be safe for us to walk to the bus station at 4 in the morning?
Oh yes. Lots of people still out and about, even if a little tipsy. Many bars don't close at all, going feom serving food and drinks to offering breakfast.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
William, yes, but the only problem is that there's only one train per day departing from Logrono and the departure time is 01.05, even worse than the bus! In the middle of the night!
You can go for some tapas inthe evening, drink some Rioja red with your friends, save on your only "half-night stay", take the train which allows you to stretch your legs anytime during journey and use the toilets too. Far better option as I see it. Although it might be more expensive it's just half an hour longer and much more scenic as you will ride along different Caminos (Frances, Bayona, Frances & Invierno) most of the time. Well, the travel time is mostly in the night so you could easily imagine the countryside after those tapas and Rioja red :D

And you would be in Ourense at approx.10am, you can go to spa on the river and so on, just seize the day...

Have a nice trip either way ;)

Hi, thanks! We will see. Difficult to imagine now the best option will still in SA!

I've got another question though! We plan to stay in the Municipal Albergues. Do all of them have plugs for charging your cellphone and camera batteries and if, what about using a blow dryer for your hair, or is that a no no? Help please?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Most Albergues have plenty of power outlets, as do bars and restaurants (always ask in a bar or restaurant before you plug in).

Please don't tell me you are planning to carry a hair-dryer :oops:

Thought I will get this reaction. Not really, although I struggle to think, being now in the middle of our dark, wet and cold winter, to start walking very early with wet hair!

Most of us shower in the afternoon / evening when we finish walking. Plenty of time to air-dry your hair before bedtime and up & out in the morning fresh as a daisy, fluffy and bright :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Yeah right, your'e a man, but don't worry, I will just for you, leave my dryer at home!o_O Thanks anyway for the advice about charging my phone and camera.

Thought I will get this reaction. Not really, although I struggle to think, being now in the middle of our dark, wet and cold winter, to start walking very early with wet hair!
Unless you want to spend the afternoon and going to be smelling, you will be showering asap after securing your bed. So no walking with wet hair in the morning. Plus, showering in the morning and then putting on socks and shoes would not be a very good idea when it comes to blisters. No hair dryier. And I'm not a man, nor so I have short hair.

Good then, no hair dryier, don't worry! I practice while still at home, walking around with three up standing wet hairs :mad:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Showering in the morning? In municipal and in general in crowded albergues, that will be quite difficult, unless you wake up really, really early.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I got very excited to find a directional hand drier in the bathroom at Hospital de Bruma.
Could be interesting if it turns out to be a Dyson! Those things move a lot of air!

Last edited by a moderator:
KinkyOne's train advice is brilliant. Spanish trains are very comfortable and spacious, buses unevenly so. And they do go through some of the planet's best scenery. While hairdryers are not tabu, they will elicit much merriment along the way when people see them. Others have given you excellent advice on this. You will have a great time. Enjoy yourselves.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
What amazes me however, is that people can walk with ipods, ipads, cell phones, laptops, notebooks etc, but a small foldable hairdrier- NO!!! thats a no go!! This is suppose to be a pelgrimage, to be honest, actually one should walk that without any luxary or technology or contact to the outside world whatsoever??

What amazes me however, is that people can walk with ipods, ipads, cell phones, laptops, notebooks etc, but a small foldable hairdrier- NO!!! thats a no go!! This is suppose to be a pelgrimage, to be honest, actually one should walk that without any luxary or technology or contact to the outside world whatsoever??
Well, cell phones are needed in case of emergency, to call the hospitalero upon arrival so they caj come over and open the place or to let them know you will be there the following day as required for some albergues on the Salvador for example. It also keeps nervous elderly people at home much happier knowing you can check in, and can be reached in case they have an emergency.

A laptop? Habe never seen that. Ipad, yes. Beats carrying kgs of books. And even an Ipad would not be considered by many. A note book? Not for me, I have my Ipad should I want to write during these exceptional days, and I also don't paint.

A hairdryer? Accomplishes nothing air does, is noisy and will disturb others in the albergue, will have you hogg bathroom time away from others. Dead weight.

But you can carry it. Just be ready to abandon it like all the others found in bins and donation baskets along the way, together with full bags of cosmetics, perfumes and white leather gogo boots.

Is this a pilgrimage and should we be walking without any luxuries? If you say so. I quite like my quality footware and light backpack. Both expensive and for many would be considered a luxury. I quite like my expensive super light and fast drying clothes. Merino long sleeve T? Another luxury. But all these allow me to walk 100s of km in one go by being lighter than less expensive item, being double duty and/or fast drying. A hair dryer? Doesn't help me accomplish a single meter. I would rather carry extra water.

I walk my previous Camino only with my clothes, water and the bear necessities, no phone no nothing, I had peace on earth! But that is how we differ from one another and that is good! I am glad that I could stirr up a little storm with the drier idea! Don't worry, if you hear a drier in the very early mornings, it won't be me!:p

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I sometimes bring a small hairdryer - especially if walking at a colder time of the year. One time in an albergue I was mocked for this by a peregrino who then pulled a full bottle of aftershave from his backpack...we all carry our own comforts/burdens ;)

Yeah right, your'e a man, but don't worry, I will just for you, leave my dryer at home!o_O Thanks anyway for the advice about charging my phone and camera.

Thanks for reminding me of my gender. Flicking through your posts it seems that you know the answer to most of your questions already or are quite capable of using the .net to find them. I guess on a cold winters day its a bit of fun to poke the forum.

Buen camino - with or without your hairdryer.

Also on a quiet winter Camino full of rain, mud and even snow a small hairdryer could also be very handy to dry your boots and other stuff. Why not?
But in the summer??? Ahem..... :confused:

€60,-
Ok people, that seals it now on the dryer(drier) whichever you prefer! I have another question to throw at you wise people out there! Can one bring vacuum packed or sealed dried fruit into Spain??

Ok people, that seals it now on the dryer(drier) whichever you prefer! I have another question to throw at you wise people out there! Can one bring vacuum packed or sealed dried fruit into Spain??
Nope, not through customs.

Hi Anemone, now I get mixed messages?! Will wait and see what the majority says.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

hola, I have been trying to book a train from Madrid to Sarria to meet with friends on the Camino. The process works until the payment page. It asks for an email address and a phone number...
Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back