• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Monesterio to Fuente de Cantos Stage Flooded - UPDATED

bsewall

Time of past OR future Camino
Via de la Plata & Camino Frances (2013 & 2016).
About 10 km into this stage you have to turn left off the path and walk 80 meters to the road to avoid flooding on the remainder of the path. The road goes directly to Fuente de Cantos.

Also, the stage out of Almaden de la Plata is open again.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Re: Monesterio to Fuente de Cantos Stage Flooded

Hi bsewall

Thanks for the update.

My wife and I were suppose to start our walk yesterday from Seville but she has developed a knee issue that may prevent her from walking the route, at least until we reach Salamanca. Do you know what the route from Seville is like? I heard the first two stages were also flooded out too

Neville

First- An update on the route.We walked the route to Fuente de Cantos today and it actually is open. You do have to walk through 2 feet of water, but it is doable. So the original information I received was not completely correct.

Neville, I'm sorry to hear about the delay. The segment between Santaponce and Guillena was closed last week when I went through and I had to walk the road all the way from Santaponce. Plus the route to Guillena was a mass of mud. The Amigos office can give you a current update.

I do hope your wife has a speedy recovery.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi Bill

Thanks for the update. It looks like I will be doing the walking or some cases the wading, while my wife takes the bus. The doctor here in Seville thinks she has a knee problem (she has wobbly knees and something she did a week ago has triggered something causing the swelling around her knee. She now has some medication to help reduce the swelling and help with the healing.

So for now I will walking while she will bus and we can reassess the situation once we reach Salamanca.

We have decided to leave Seville on Friday and bus to Monesterio to start our respective journeys.

Other than the water and flooding situation how is the route so far for you?

Neville

Neville, I'm glad you found a way to make it work. I'm in Zafra now and spoiling myself with a very nice single room at the Hostal Carmen.

"What has the Camino been like so far?" Some incredible highs, some depressing lows, some of the warmest and most welcoming people I've ever met, learning to accept a room of 20 snoring people as a human symphony, and I've gotten lost more times than I can count. If we do cross paths on the VdlP ask me to tell you the story of me, the German and my underpants.

I look forward to hearing about your first week.

Most read last week in this forum

I have been reading 2 different reports (on FB and instagram) about (an) agressive dog(s) just after Oseira. I'll post them here: In the group of @geraldkelly on FB (4 days ago): Hello lovely Via...
After a smooth and uneventful flight from Chicago to Madrid on Iberia, the last three days we have been doing some sightseeing in Salamanca and Zamora, and our days have been sunny, a little cool...
Hi all! Once again I am heading back to Spain; this time to walk much of the Sanabres with my son; starting in Rionegro del Puente after a few sightseeing days first in Salamanca and Zamora...
After 13 days of walking I've finished my 337km walk on the Camino Sanabres, and my entire 1400km walk from Almería. Yay! If anyone's interested in a day-by-day report, you can find it on my...
One route looks a bit steeper, one a bit longer (not much). How else are they different? Recommendations?
I left them on the trail about 4-5 k before Cea I expect to be in Santiago on April 27-28. Mu email is written on the sides of the poles (for just this eventuality). If you find them and we can...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back