• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Money transfer to a bank

capun

Hello

I am trying to reserve an Albergue room but they only take a direct deposit to their bank account.

My bank fees are astronomical that it does not make sense to do it. And they won't take PayPal money transfers or credit cards.

Does anyone has tried a different way? One that is not so expensive?

Thanks

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Find another place, or go without a reservation. The Spanish account to account transfer is not compatible with the U.S. banking system. Sorry. :cry:

There will not be a problem just dropping in for your April pilgrimage. You won't need reservations.

The problem is that we are arriving very early and don't start until the next day. We need a private double room where we can leave our stuff while we do some sightseeing and do some purchases.

I checked a couple of other places via TripAdvisor that you can book online. One is the Hotel Mar de Plata which is convenient and the other is the Carris Alfonso IX which has a good rate but I think it is a bit far to walk from the train station.

Both hotels have the problem of a late check-in, I'll be sending them emails to see if we can have an earlier check-in.

Anyone has any feedback on those 2 hotels?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Everything in Sarria is the same distance from the train station -- it is at one end of town. The Alfonso IX is fantastic. If you have a good rate, go for it.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Alfonso IX is ok and central nearly at the camino. If you eat there try the restaurant instead of the kafeteria!
ranthr

The internet rate I am getting is 50 Euros for a 2-peson double room, no breakfast.

The biggest issue is the late check-in and I don't see an email to send them a query

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hola,
Have you tried using either venere.com or booking.com . Both sites take a credit card as surety, then you actually pay the hotel. Check in time is usually around 13.00, with late check in around 18.00, although you can advise if you are going to be later. Many hotels will have a safe place to put your bags if you arrive too early to check in (ie before rooms are ready).
We have found both sites work well. It is worth checking both as one sometimes has a lower rate than the other for the same hotel.

Tia Valeria

Yes I have used Bookings.com through TripAdvisor before and it did show both Hotels. I have been communicating with Mar de Plata and they will hold our packs before the check-in, they will let us in earlier if there is a room available. I can reserve it via Bookings or by sending a form with the CC info to put a 50% deposit, I don't like sending CC so most likely use Bookings.com

An update

Mar de Plata is 55 Euros from their site or Bookings.com and it seems to have been renovated not too long ago

Alfonso IX is 50 Euros (refundable) through their site, 42.50 Euros (non-refundable) from Bookings.com, some comments from TripAdvisor is that the hotel infrastructure needs some work, not bad but some issues.

Both check-in times are now 12 Noon, and both will let us have the room if there is one available at that time. With the number of rooms I guess the Alfonso IX has a better chance to have one available.

Any other feedback on those two hotels so I can compare and decide?

Thanks

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...
Hi all, Very new to this so please excuse any ignorance or silly questions :) I'm walking my very first Camino in 2 weeks (iieeeek) - the countdown is on and excitement through the roof. I've...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back