Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Monkey pox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

dbier

Past OR future Camino
Last 114km Camino Frances, Jul 21
2023 - Camino P
At the moment, monkeypox seems to be passed primarily by close contact, and the jury's out on whether you can pass it without symptoms, or by contact with objects. I wouldn't get into a frenzy about it just yet. But I wouldn't go hugging strangers right now, either.

FourSeasons

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Camino de Costa/Senda Litoral
Porto/SdC Sept 2022
Apparently 1/3rd of those affected can't see; a further 1/3rd can't hear; and the last 1/3rd can't speak - or so the conventional wisdom says.
Something like this? 🙈🙉🙊

It’s looks like a painful disease. I truly hope it doesn’t spread and those affected heal quickly.

Sign of the times. I do believe though that years ago monkey pox reared it’s ugly head. 🤷🏻‍♀️ The first human cases found in the D.R. in the Congo in 1970. The first case appearing in the US was in 2003.

Be safe out there. 🙈

Arctic_Alex

Past OR future Camino
Frances 2019
Primitivo Sep 2022 (planned)
Well, it exists in the US, all over Europe and elsewhere. As it looks it needs rather intimate contact to spread.
Some health authorities in Europe stated that there seems to be no danger of a dangerous pandemic. Some officials also said that 3 years ago no one would have even mentioned it but nowadays, after we had a serious pandemic, the whole world including the press and politicians are quite anxious and tend to panic more easily.
This also reflects my own thoughts as there have always been diseases emerging and not causing widespread havoc. Just nowadays we are all a bit too excited whenever the word virus appears somewhere.
So I take this rather relaxed and worry much more about the fate of people in warzones or the widespread water shortages due to the lack of rain...

Last edited:
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Momwiz

Past OR future Camino
Portuguese 2019
Well, it exists in the US, all over Europe and elsewhere. As it looks it needs rather intimate contact to spread.
Some health authorities in Europe stated that there seems to be no danger for a dangerous pandemic. Some officials also said 3 years ago no one would have even mentioned it but nowadays, after after we had a serious pandemic, the whole world including the press and politicians are quite anxious and tend to panic more quickly.
This also reflects my own thoughts as there have always been diseases emerging and not causing widespread havoc. Just nowadays we are all a bit too excited whenever the word virus appears somewhere.
So I take this rather relaxed and worry much more about the fate of people in warzones or the widespread water shortages due to the lack of rain...
Absolutely! Well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.