• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Montserrat to Manresa

Vacajoe

Traded in my work boots for hiking ones
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, Portuguese, Aragon, Norte, SJWayUK, Nive
Wow! While so many pilgrims are fighting snow and rain on the CF, my wife and I got sunburned on a beautiful 15 mile walk down from Montserrat to Manresa today!

Albergue at the abbey was nearly empty last night (only one other pilgrim, so we had a private room with lots of bunk choices) and only 6€ - excellent pilgrim dinner at the hotel next door was only 10€ for three delicious courses and a seltzer water.

My wife and I received a truly moving pilgrim blessing and then enjoyed the peace and quiet of the mountaintop once the tourists left. There even was a free concert by a visiting choir! Wonderful, wonderful stay.

The walk to Manresa follows the route of St Ignatius (which is a bonus for the Catholics in the crowd) through lush fields and tiny villages. We didn’t encounter a single pilgrim during the hike and barely saw any Spaniards either! Moderate degree of difficulty but worth it. Now we are in a private room (€28) at Alberg del Carme (another renovated monastery!).

In short, great history, cheap accommodations, beautiful weather, and NO ONE AROUND!!!! 39807C49-4C57-4C9A-860D-34B495591E3E.jpeg

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Montserrat must be one of the most unusual and exotic spots in Spain. Several years ago Barcelona was too busy and expensive for us. We found an apartment at Montserrat for two nights and had a blast. It would be wonderful to start walking from there.

Did a day visit in Aug 2016 and absolutely loved it - hiked all over the hills above after the funnel car to the monastary. As much as we enjoyed Barcelona, Monserrat was our pick of the litter!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Yes, it was the last stage of the Ignacio, but it’s also part of several others including one that leads all the way to SdC.

Today we bussed from Manresa to Jaca; in the a.m. we start walking the Camino Arragones to Santiago!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

Hiya, currently on the Camino and I’m in need of some advice on how to split up the days from Huesca until I reach the Camino Aragonés by Santa Cilia. I have a rough plan but the next few days...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back