• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Moon Camino de Santiago - new guide, in my opinion, by far the best out there

backpack45scb

Time of past OR future Camino
2001 CF, 04-6 LP, 07 Port, 08-10 Arles, 11 Mozá,12-13 Gen-LP. 00-10 PCT, 15 Norte, 16 Primi
I just finished reading this (a free review copy sent to Susan). It is really good. A guidebook with a huge amount of additional detail that you want to know. Beautiful, full color book with good layout and photos. Only problem is that it weighs 1 pound. I still think it is the one every novice should buy and read first. It has an included pull out map that is excellent, and could sell on its own.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Looks interesting - the ebook version comes out in UK 25th April.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I really like Moon travel guides, even as a Brit where they wouldn’t be the usual go-to brand. Will keep an eye out in local book shops. Thanks for the heads up.

I just finished reading this (a free review copy sent to Susan). It is really good. A guidebook with a huge amount of additional detail that you want to know. Beautiful, full color book with good layout and photos. Only problem is that it weighs 1 pound. I still think it is the one every novice should buy and read first. It has an included pull out map that is excellent, and could sell on its own.
Is it only for the Frsnces?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you so much. I am absolutely chuffed to read this!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I really like Moon travel guides, even as a Brit where they wouldn’t be the usual go-to brand. Will keep an eye out in local book shops. Thanks for the heads up.
Thank you!

It's a Moon guide - Moon publishes a number of travel guides.

https://moon.com/

Edit: it looks like the Camino de Santiago guide isn't on the Moon website yet
Hi All, this is a better link for the publisher’s listing of the book:
It's a Moon guide - Moon publishes a number of travel guides.

https://moon.com/

Edit: it looks like the Camino de Santiago guide isn't on the Moon website yet
Hi! Here is a better link, to the publishers page (though it seems Amazon may be the best way to view and get the book. https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/titles/beebe-bahrami/moon-camino-de-santiago/9781640493285/

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you all, for this lovely thread!

Incidentally, is there a book reseource page on the forum where I can list the book with other Camino books? I seem to recall we had this but now cannot unearth it. Thanks!

I bought and used the MOON guidebook by Beebe this July to walk the Camino Frances from Sarria. Packed with good information, nice photos, and helpful advice. Just published in 2019, so fairly up to date. The only drawback is that is was "heavy". I do understand the value in thinner is better while walking. What I ended up doing was reading it at the hotel, sending it with my luggage to the next place, then reading it again before sending it off. I did find the Michelin guide (thin) sold in Spain. That was the most helpful ever, showing me "uh oh a hill and incline coming up soon". But kudos to Moon for publishing it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Beebe, As I said elsewhere this is a rich, vitalising, and fascinating guidebook. I feel very grateful for all your work on this. It is well structured, with great details. I would love to bump into you on 'the Way". It's a super timely guide too, bringing that history with great relevance to now. Just brilliant! xo Catherine.

Beebe, As I said elsewhere this is a rich, vitalising, and fascinating guidebook. I feel very grateful for all your work on this. It is well structured, with great details. I would love to bump into you on 'the Way". It's a super timely guide too, bringing that history with great relevance to now. Just brilliant! xo Catherine.
Catherine, Wow. This is so deeply moving, satisfying, and joyous to read. Thank you! I do hope we cross path, which seems likely given how much we both love the Camino. Here's to us all returning to the beloved trail as soon as is safely and soundly possible. Gracias! Beebe

Catherine, Wow. This is so deeply moving, satisfying, and joyous to read. Thank you! I do hope we cross path, which seems likely given how much we both love the Camino. Here's to us all returning to the beloved trail as soon as is safely and soundly possible. Gracias! Beebe
Hello Beebe,

So lovely to hear from you! The words are all very true and I hope many readers of this forum come to appreciate all the richness you have incorporated into this guide. It's such a generous work - very Camino methinks. I will definitely be in touch by email very soon to reply to your very welcome reply. Amazingly you were just a week ahead of our arrival in Cahors last year. I am so looking forward to when our paths do cross. Take care and speak soon. Catherine.xo

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I love this book. I bought both the hard copy for reference and planning and the eBook for walking. The accommodation, food and wine information is fabulous. Was so looking forward to using it in September…but unable leave Australia for a while unfortunately…hopefully will put it to good use next year.

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back