• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

More accommodation questions

Purple Backpack

Time of past OR future Camino
CF’12 VF’16 VP w/variants 2022/23 Norte’23
Hi all, I perused the threads but can't find the answers so please forgive me if I didn't see them. I decided to prebook accommodations this time and figured out Le Puy en Velay and Saint Privat d'Allier. But then I got to Saugues. I prefer a private room and communal meals..has anyone stayed at La Terasses or Les Gabales and have a preference for one over the other? Many thanks!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We stayed at Le Ferme in Sept 2018 in Saugues. Nice communal meal, nice private room with facilities, apart from the unwanted extra guests - bedbugs!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi all, I perused the threads but can't find the answers so please forgive me if I didn't see them. I decided to prebook accommodations this time and figured out Le Puy en Velay and Saint Privat d'Allier. But then I got to Saugues. I prefer a private room and communal meals..has anyone stayed at La Terasses or Les Gabales and have a preference for one over the other? Many thanks!
W- we stayed at Las Gabales. Our room was beautiful and the food was fantastic.

We stayed at Le Ferme in Sept 2018 in Saugues. Nice communal meal, nice private room with facilities, apart from the unwanted extra guests - bedbugs!

In 2011 we also stayed at Gite a la Ferme run by Mmes Itier and Martins. We also had a private room with facilities and a great communal meal. No bed bugs for us.

Thanks, guys! Lodging seems a bit more challenging on this route!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
a preference for one over the other?
If you are stating this preference based on previous experience with the large dormitory alburgues on the Camino Frances, please be aware the French don't do large dormitories. Even if a gite has no private rooms, it's most likely you will have four or six to a room at most. On rare occasions eight. And generally several rooms with a mix of sizes. Also be aware the hosts will tend to group the French into one (set of) room and the English speakers (i.e, everyone else) into different.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
In Sauges, we stayed at Martin et Itier. Private room, private facilities, but sharing meals with other pilgrims.
Bon chemin !
Andrew

Last year we stayed at Chambre d'halte L'Etape, located on the chemin on the way through town. Great hosts, comfortable twin room, excellent dinner and breakfast and picnic lunch:)

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

I am fine tuning my packing and I pre package my vitamins/supplements to take daily, which I have done for about 15 years. Do you all take them with you, or leave them home? 36 days of vitamins...
Dear fellow pilgrims! :) I hope to walk from Le Puy to Santiago later this year. I was thinking about starting at some point in august so that I manage to reach Santiago before it gets too cold...
Hey! Thinking about walking Le Puy this year. I am a solo female traveller. On my previous Camino (Spain) I stayed in municipal albergues, but this time I would like to try something...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back