• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

More thanks, y'all

ricitosdeplata

Time of past OR future Camino
09/2015: Via de la Plata
I want to thank all of you. Some of you have helped by commenting directly to my posts and others helped by just posting things I have found practical or encouraging or caring, not necessarily directed toward me. Thanks for those balanced posts that helped me from going overboard in my attempts to over think or over prepare. Thanks to the moderators who keep us from straying too far off the OP. Thanks to Ivar who is a steadying influence on this forum. Thanks to those who always seem to have a level head when we're becoming hysterical. But thanks also to those who add something hysterical when we start to see ourselves too seriously. So I'm here at the Madrid airport waiting for my flight to Sevilla, feeling very grateful to all of you.
Ana

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I want to thank all of you. Some of you have helped by commenting directly to my posts and others helped by just posting things I have found practical or encouraging or caring, not necessarily directed toward me. Thanks for those balanced posts that helped me from going overboard in my attempts to over think or over prepare. Thanks to the moderators who keep us from straying too far off the OP. Thanks to Ivar who is a steadying influence on this forum. Thanks to those who always seem to have a level head when we're becoming hysterical. But thanks also to those who add something hysterical when we start to see ourselves too seriously. So I'm here at the Madrid airport waiting for my flight to Sevilla, feeling very grateful to all of you.
Ana
Yay! Buen Camino!!!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buen Camino Ana... I'm sure you will have a ball. And if the Compeed sticks are under 5 Euros - stock up!!!!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Btw, I met @Al W at the Madrid airport and we arrived on the same plane to Sevilla. He's staying at Triana, while I'm at an Airbnb accommodation.

Let's hope it doesn't rain very much because I just have a cheap raincoat from a Chino store. I think one of the baggage handlers saw that I am from Texas on my tag and knew I wouldn't need it because we're in a drought.(alas, I had sprung or a patagonia brand with pit zippers) Was upset for a mili-second but hey, "he didn't mean anything by it." This is my new motto.

Ana, you might be able to pick up an Altus in Sevilla. Or head to Decathlon (you can get a bus there from Plaza de Almas) and see what they have. There is also a sports dept in El Corte Ingles (the main one in Plaza del Duque at the top of Calle Sierpes).
You have the right attitude though! Bless

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Buen Camino! I'm heading that way myself early next year, so I'm interested in any news!

Ana, you might be able to pick up an Altus in Sevilla. Or head to Decathlon (you can get a bus there from Plaza de Almas) and see what they have. There is also a sports dept in El Corte Ingles (the main one in Plaza del Duque at the top of Calle Sierpes).
You have the right attitude though! Bless
Thanks @gracethepilgrim, I'll search this evening and check it out tomorrow.

Btw, I met @Al W at the Madrid airport and we arrived on the same plane to Sevilla. He's staying at Triana, while I'm at an Airbnb accommodation.

Let's hope it doesn't rain very much because I just have a cheap raincoat from a Chino store. I think one of the baggage handlers saw that I am from Texas on my tag and knew I wouldn't need it because we're in a drought.(alas, I had sprung or a patagonia brand with pit zippers) Was upset for a mili-second but hey, "he didn't mean anything by it." This is my new motto.

So sorry this happened to you, Ana - but you have a great and generous attitude! Good luck with finding a replacement, and enjoy beautiful Sevilla - I am still using a (now very tattered) card bookmark I bought 10 years ago at the Alcazar, mainly because it reminds me of that beautiful place, and the city itself, not to mention the cathedral, the orange trees.... sigh!

And then - buen camino!!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Ana there are two great places to go after dark for an awesome view of the cathedral in Sevilla.
1. Enter the posh Hotel EME, walk past reception to the lift on the RHS and go up to the top deck. There is a little bar that overlooks the cathedral. Shout yourself a red, sit at the edge and enjoy!!
2. Walk past hotel EME to plaza del Triunfo (with the fountain) and the next steet L is Calle Don Remondo. Just up here on the RHS is Hotel Dona Maria. Go inside past reception to far LH corner and the lifts. Head up to the top floor and there is a gorgeous bar/cafe with a view of the Giralda. If you are lucky you may strike a Flamenco guitar show!
Enjoy!

When I walked up El Grimalda, I could see Hotel Doña Maria ' s roof top restaurant. I saw their sign at the top so you solved the question I had about whether the public could eat there. It looked very inviting. I leave by bus tomorrow afternoon for Almadén de la Plata where I'll start my camino, so I won't get to go at night. I would really love to come back to Sevilla. I've been having a great time being a tourist.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Ana
Sounds like Thanksgiving is near ? Have a great Camino !!
I'm very much looking forward to my planned trip, starting April 4, 2016.
All the best ! Buen Camino

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm on day 4 of my camino. I'm just outside of Fuente de los Cantos in Calzadillo de los Barros, so my next stage won't be over 20 km, just a little over 18. I hadn't trained much with my backpack so this is an adjustment. But every day seems slightly better. I've decided for now that I'll break up my stages wherever I can so I can make it for 44 days. I know at this rate I probably won't make it all the way to Santiago. I will come back to finish, I'm hoping in a couple of years and with one of my sisters. Started what's called a "secret group" on Facebook about my camino with a select few family members but now it has grown. Seems the family is enjoying my pictorial journal.

I've encountered a few "camino angels" and was very nostalgic and teary during mass, which so reminds me of my father.

Loving your posts Ana. Would you consider starting a new thread (Live from…) and giving us some live highlights? I’ve been following your prep for a long time and am loving your progress. So many memories. The VdlP is my favourite (so far) and I know I’ll be back to do it again some day.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ricitos, thanks for the update. Take your time, keep an eye on the weather (warm), and enjoy your camino.
Que la luz de Dios alumbre su camino.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi I am looking for my next Camino and like the look of this one starting in Seville. I am a solitary individual and comfortable with my own company. My last one was the camino Madrid which was...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.