• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

more train info wanted from Bayonne Gare to SJPP Sunday Trav

andyoxon

Hi all, i am arriving in Biarritz at 15.05 on Sunday 31st may so I will miss the 3pm train to SJPP I believe there is a train at 9.06pm but this gets in after 10pm and may make finding a bed for the night difficult. Are there any other trains on a Sunday ? Other than that is anyone else arriving on the Ryan air flight and want to share a taxi.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Andy

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Andyoxon

I checked on the SNCF website and unfortunately those are the only trains that are available to you. However, if you're worried about not finding accommodation in SJPP you could try reserving something. I only know of one hostel that takes reservations there, their website is http://www.espritduchemin.org I hear it's very nice.

Buen Camino!
Gerald

I had a look at the timetable for December 2008 to 4 July and it seems that there is a bus or train at 18h12 that arrives at St Jean at 19h35. I can't attach it here but if you email me I'll send it to you.
sillydoll (at) gmail . com

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Apologies - another forum member has pointed out to me that the timetable clearly shows that the 6pm train does not run on a Sunday.
If you are going to have to fork out for a hotel room you might want to consider emailing Caroline at Express Burricot for a lift? She might know of others wanting a taxi at that time and will be able to accommodate you in a shared taxi.
She charges 65 euro from Biarritz. apcaroline@hotmail.com

I just did a Ter-SNCF search for a Sunday, June 7, 2009 train from Bayonne to St. Jean Pied de Port and it shows a 2106 train arriving at 2218. There is Sunday service, at least on some Sundays.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year made the mistake of travelling after the 500k walk to Porto and Barcelona and Cadaqués then the UK.(All amazing) but I was too tired to make the most of it. So this year I’m lucky...
I trying to purchase my one way ticket from Santiago de Compostela to Porto.I cannot find any info on bringing my luggage with me( a small carry on and a knapsack) anyone taken this bus? Can I...
Trying to determine best way from Madrid airport to Leon? Thank you
Beginning March 1, my husband and I walked from Santo Domingo de la Calzada to Astorga on the CF. Prior to our trip, I had contracted with Jacotrans to move our bags for 21 straight days...
Just saw a press release from Correos announcing that they will be offering a left luggage service at all of their 2,000+ offices throughout Spain. For up to 15 days at a time...
Hi All, I have booked a walking week away from home arriving in Porto on 9th May at 19.10 (all being well). My initial intention was travel to Vigo by train and walk to Santiago, returning to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back