Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Mosquito magnet 🥴

MSCT

Time of past OR future Camino
Spring or Fall 2022
Hi all, leaving for Irun on the 22 August and wondering if anyone out there can tell me what the mosquito situation is like on the northern route? Many thanks! 🌞🇨🇦

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Pocket guide that pack a punch
1.4 oz (40g) pocket guides with gems of wisdom to ponder during and after your Camino

trecile

Staff member
PAST - Francés, Norte, Salvador, Portuguese
Hi all, leaving for Irun on the 22 August and wondering if anyone out there can tell me what the mosquito situation is like on the northern route? Many thanks! 🌞🇨🇦
Mosquitoes love me too, but I don't remember encountering any on the Norte.

grayland

Staff member
Yes
Mosquitoes have never been a problem (for me) on any of the routes...as far as I can recall.

The primitivo and VdlP both had some serious little fly problems in places. Of course, that could have just been a time of the year.

MSCT

Spring or Fall 2022
Mosquitoes have never been a problem (for me) on any of the routes...as far as I can recall.

The primitivo and VdlP both had some serious little fly problems in places. Of course, that could have just been a time of the year.
Yay; such good news!

Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
I just returned home from the Norte and the mosquitoes were no problem whatsoever.
Enjoy!

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino's Frances, Fisterre, Portuges. Over 180 day
Mosquitoes need warm, standing water to lay eggs and produce.

DBB

Camino Frances
I left Irun 2 weeks ago. Be prepared for everything. My first day from Irun I got bitten by a spider that crawled up my leg and I got an infection. There were also other bugs that bit up my legs. No mosquitoes though. My boyfriend was left untouched.

Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Kanga

Staff member
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I've had a nasty ant bite, and bedbug bites. No mosquito bites.

Most read last week in this forum

Over 15 days into this pilgrimage so far and the majority of the holy buildings have been closed, can anyone give more insight or share their own thoughts please? Is this the same situation on...
Hola Peregrinos, we arrive in Santander to walk the Camino del Norte starting in Irun, this coming Saturday, Sep 24. Unfortunately, the weather forecast predicts 90% rain probability for days on...
Hi, we're walking Norte in April (2023) to Muxia. Based on some of what i have read and seen it seems that the walk from Bilbao to Portugalete (along the water or thru the town) is residential...

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides