• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Movements

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
Do you think that your movement toward the Camino is a small part of your movement of and on your way to a truer version of you.

Did you decide to move because your not "stopped" that there is still more...you to be realized and the camino as a catalyst is one step further toward that summit,that next polar moment of equilibrium?

Are you circumabulating around your self and then decided..ime going toward that unseen but internally driven momentum toward the final iteration of you.

Do or did you listen to that inner voice and go forth...walking,internal dialog and questions answered and find your better, have a deeper more fulfilling life. Or are the drives still pulling you deeper so that there are still stages that you need to finish to be fully realised.The Way provides..maybe it is a catalyst-medium for change and those who open those doors are following a natural attraction,inclination to find a truest form.

I can't wait to see who you become.
Movement is good...is goodbye to the analog..the mirrors image toward who you will be.
Is that calling and attraction the souls nostalgia of wanting to...Become.

I surely,sincerely and deeply hope that you "Become"

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Hello William. I have often considered the world "movement," such as yourself! In my opinion, this word is highly significant, as you describe. I am a person who studies movement, especially in the physical body, and have often discovered that when you move your body, you open the possibilities of other "movement" happening in your life. This is symbolic movement, as you say, toward a "truer version of you." I believe that this is why yoga and other meditative movements are so important in our growth. Meditative walking that often occurs on a Camino, sometimes without our even being conscious of it, affords the opportunity for quieting the inner chatter and allowing for great insights and healing to be revealed.

So yes! The Way provides a catalyst-medium for change! This is a spiritual process (whether or not it is perceived as "just a walk.") Real movement is happening that produces changes in our bodies, our minds and yes, our souls. I believe this is why we are all so addicted to the Camino. It is just another form of our longing to be spiritual beings. We are spiritual beings indeed.

Last edited:
Do you think that your movement toward the Camino is a small part of your movement of and on your way to a truer version of you.

Did you decide to move because your not "stopped" that there is still more...you to be realized and the camino as a catalyst is one step further toward that summit,that next polar moment of equilibrium?

Are you circumabulating around your self and then decided..ime going toward that unseen but internally driven momentum toward the final iteration of you.

Do or did you listen to that inner voice and go forth...walking,internal dialog and questions answered and find your better, have a deeper more fulfilling life. Or are the drives still pulling you deeper so that there are still stages that you need to finish to be fully realised.The Way provides..maybe it is a catalyst-medium for change and those who open those doors are following a natural attraction,inclination to find a truest form.

Movement is good...is goodbye to the analog..the mirrors image toward who you will be.

I just like walking.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

I too just like walking. I look at my Camino in just the opposite way. The less I think the better. I just want to clear my mind of all my s$&t and lighten my load. How wonderful to feel mindless, to allow nature , wind, sounds, sights the sun, the cold to just come. What great joy for me to be mindlessly in bliss sitting on my pack, having no idea where I am and how far I have come or need to go and eating a great Valencia orange or a Snickers bar and some water. Thinking and pondering only gets me in trouble!!! Save all that stuff for when you get home and your mind becomes mush again from daily life and you start counting the days until you can go back.

I too just like walking. I look at my Camino in just the opposite way. The less I think the better. I just want to clear my mind of all my s$&t and lighten my load. How wonderful to feel mindless, to allow nature , wind, sounds, sights the sun, the cold to just come. What great joy for me to be mindlessly in bliss sitting on my pack, having no idea where I am and how far I have come or need to go and eating a great Valencia orange or a Snickers bar and some water. Thinking and pondering only gets me in trouble!!! Save all that stuff for when you get home and your mind becomes mush again from daily life and you start counting the days until you can go back.
Cafe con leche after a few kilometers in the morning and a cold beer in the afternoon after laundry and a shower.

I understand you completely

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!

There was a state of mindfull..quietude..I guess when I was out west behind the wheel of my 18 wheeler..fully aware but also fully divested of the mental noise of the day. That's when I was ready for inner peace.
Riding my road bike as a teen I got to that point also..it was just breathing, pedaling..not thinking.
Walking is hard now,but as a younker, it was no thing to walk to forget..

Hello William. I have often considered the world "movement," such as yourself! In my opinion, this word is highly significant, as you describe. I am a person who studies movement, especially in the physical body, and have often discovered that when you move your body, you open the possibilities of other "movement" happening in your life. This is symbolic movement, as you say, toward a "truer version of you." I believe that this is why yoga and other meditative movements are so important in our growth. Meditative walking that often occurs on a Camino, sometimes without our even being conscious of it, affords the opportunity for quieting the inner chatter and allowing for great insights and healing to be revealed.

So yes! The Way provides a catalyst-medium for change! This is a spiritual process (whether or not it is perceived as "just a walk.") Real movement is happening that produces changes in our bodies, our minds and yes, our souls. I believe this is why we are all so addicted to the Camino. It is just another form of our longing to be spiritual beings. We are spiritual beings indeed.
To me
Existing in the moment in totality is fulfillment. Music,moment and open mind state is .."filling"? To my heart and soul.
Movement to me..is
Physical,mental and emotional...when all three align then peaceful bliss is happening...but sadly
It's like waking up from a beautiful dream and trying to cling to the feeling as it echoes away into the black..and then the light upon open eyes.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...
Today is Sunday and I finished my Camino from León on Friday. The thing is I am feeling off balanced. I feel like I am not done. Last night I started feeling anxious with the thought of going back...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back