• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Movie "The Way" has been released on DVD

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I frequently buy DVD's in Spain - they all have language setting where you can change to a number of languages including English. I wouldn't have foreseen a problem with this.

On a related subject digital TV is now in Spain and when TV programmes are made in English and then dubbed into Spanish there is a language setting so you can watch them in their original language.

I also think that now this film has beenreleased on DVD in one country others will quickly follow or the pirate market will ensure they do.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.

I reviewed the web site, both DVD and bluray have English soundtracks, DVD is Europe zoned , not a problem for Australia most DVD players sold here are multiple zone, Australia is the same zone as Europe for bluray therefore it should play on Australian bluray players.

I'd love to purchase 'The Way' but can't work out from the website if international mail is an option, or what the costs would be. Anyone know?

Trudy

IMDB says that the movie will be released in the US on " 30 September 2011 (USA)".

That is way too long after the Spanish DVD release.

That is the challenge of independent films, not having the influence and Hollywood backing for simultaneous release.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Yes - and that's one of the issues with this film - it isn't "commercial" in my view. Whilst that's a good thing it just may not make it and the early release on DVD contrary to what they said before won't help. Neither of course will the torrent of references (on other pilgrims forums) to where to download a pirate copy.

Is the Spanish version PAL or NTSC? How hard is it to convert from one to the other? I might consider buying it, but only if it will work here on my DVD player in the US.

Europe is PAL, NTSC (Never Twice the Same Color) is mainly a US system. Many DVD player will play both ( look in the setup menu ) if you set it to play back PAL your TV needs to also be capable of playing PAL! Leave it set for NTSC tv output, it should convert. The biggest problem you will have is region protection, US is region 1 and Europe is 2, unless your player is region free it will reject a region 2 DVD.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
That's what I was afraid of....too much work to figure it all out. :) I'll wait patiently for a US release.

I went through the process of registering and ordering the dvd - 16.99 euro and 67 euro for shipping!
I think I'll wait until I'm in Spain and have it sent to the hotel in Pamplona.

Sil,

Is the shipping locally in Spain free?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

If your going to be in Spain why order on line? Just walk into a store and buy it. Maybe you can recoup some costs and buy several for other forum members desperate to get a legit copy

Dahhhh! Why didn't I think of that. Which stores have them?

You will have to ask a local :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back