• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mozarabe credencial & other basic questions

Seabeggar

Time of past OR future Camino
Mozarabe
We hope to walk from Almeria to Grenada in early April. First Spanish pilgrimage. Do we need to register/obtain a credencial in Almeria? Do pilgrims still routinely have a badge or shell on their pack? We are working on our Spanish, but suspect it will not be adequate for intelligible phone calls to book albergues ahead so will trust to just turning up.

I know there are equipment lists, but given the early season and my reading am I correct in thinking we will need a warm sleeping bag? I assume there will be a sheet and pillow on the bed? Clothing wise I am assuming it could be cold and wet.

Any suggestions on basic accomodation options in Almeria and Grenada appreciated.

Thanks

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Seabeggar.
Most if not all of the info you need has been discussed in the posts in this section of the forum, I suggest that you read through the posts first, then use the internet to search for info, then repost any outstanding questions you might have, ie the typical weather for the area in April can be found by searching for “weather in Andalucia in April” Also search for “ Amigos Camino Santiago Almeria” or Camino Mozarabe de Almeria will produce a lot of info.
I walked the route in early April last year and the weather was generally warm, but there were some cold wet days.
As to bedding this varies usually at least a mattress and pillow, a sheet and blanket occasionally.
There has been a recent discussion about phoning ahead, opinions are varied Some say no I would and did.
My bit of advise is to download the resource from this forum, check in with the Amigos in Almeria, pack light and do some hill training this is without doubt a tough
Camino.
Bestwishes
George
PS. If you search for “gps track Almeria to Santa Fe de Modujar” you should get a wikiloc hit which will allow you to see the route, if you have a gps enabled devise you could download the app and tracks all the way to Granada.

Last edited:
I would add that Almeria has a Camino office and they would appreciate you go there to register and get their credential if time allows. April is usually really hot, so consider just a sleeping bag liner as some of the albergues did not offer bedding. Lastly, I strongly recommend booking accommodations in Almeria as soon as possible because April is the beginning of their beach season and there is no pilgrim albergue in town. As for Granada, there are many more accommodation options up there, so there isn't much of a need to book in advance.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I would add that Almeria has a Camino office and they would appreciate you go there to register and get their credential if time allows. April is usually really hot, so consider just a sleeping bag liner as some of the albergues did not offer bedding. Lastly, I strongly recommend booking accommodations in Almeria as soon as possible because April is the beginning of their beach season and there is no pilgrim albergue in town. As for Granada, there are many more accommodation options up there, so there isn't much of a need to book in advance.

Camino Addict:

Where is the Camino office?

Joe

Municipal Tourist Office of the City Almeria. Plaza Vieja s / n.
9: 00-15: 00 Monday to Friday
10.00-14.00 Saturday and Sunday.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello fellow pilgrims. I will start walking the Camino Mozárabe from Almería on 5th April 2024 and just wonder whether there is anybody else there around that date with the same objective?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back