• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mozarabe from Almeria in February

AML

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept 2013
Norte/Primitivo May/June 2014
Vasco del Interior/ Burgos - Leon/Del Salvador/Primitivo May/June 2015
Ourense - Santiago Sept 2015
Camino Ingles Sept 2015
Porto-SDC Sept/Oct 2016
I would like to walk from Almeria to Cordoba in February. Will the albergues be available at this time?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I would like to walk from Almeria to Cordoba in February. Will the albergues be available at this time?

You are about to start a camino with the most helpful, hospitable, caring bunch of people taking care of you along the way as I have ever met. The albergue infrastructure is excellent, and since they are all run by the association, they will all be accessible to you. You should definitely contact the association ahead of time and tell them you are coming, and from then on you will be a royal visitor. http://www.almeriajacobea.es/
(The “jurisdiction” of the association extends only to Granada, and from Granada to Córdoba you are more on your own, but you should be fine).

On the right side of their web page, there is a link to the most recent version of their guide. It is in Spanish but basically self-explanatory. It’s all you need to walk! I think @Raggy told us that there is a new system with key-less entry into the albergue, just a code, so that makes it even easier.

I walked in April, wildflower extravaganza, and I would love to hear how it goes in February. Buen camino, Laurie

You are about to start a camino with the most helpful, hospitable, caring bunch of people taking care of you along the way as I have ever met. The albergue infrastructure is excellent, and since they are all run by the association, they will all be accessible to you. You should definitely contact the association ahead of time and tell them you are coming, and from then on you will be a royal visitor. http://www.almeriajacobea.es/
(The “jurisdiction” of the association extends only to Granada, and from Granada to Córdoba you are more on your own, but you should be fine).

On the right side of their web page, there is a link to the most recent version of their guide. It is in Spanish but basically self-explanatory. It’s all you need to walk! I think @Raggy told us that there is a new system with key-less entry into the albergue, just a code, so that makes it even easier.

I walked in April, wildflower extravaganza, and I would love to hear how it goes in February. Buen camino, Laurie
I too am thinking of this route, but late October or November. Presumably your advice stands for that season, Laurie? Is it fairly solitary? - that's what I prefer.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I too am thinking of this route, but late October or November. Presumably your advice stands for that season, Laurie? Is it fairly solitary? - that's what I prefer.

I think the Almería association is a full-time year-round organization, they are indefatigable and have endless hospitality and kindness to share. When we walked in April, there was a slight “bubble” of about 12, but it was a rare occasion to see others while walking. Occasionally at coffee stops in towns, we would see others, and usually at night, but I think that spring is Almería “crunch time” when there may occasionally be as many as 10-15 people walking the same stage on the same day. I assume your timeframe will be very, not fairly, solitary. But weather, I assume, should be very good!

I would echo the comments above. If I remember rightly between 6 and 700 pilgrims did the Mozarabe so crowds are unlikely. I started mid March and there were 4 others walking at the same time. One thing to note is it gets quite cold at night and we had 2 or 3 days with frosts in the morningespecially at the higher altitudes. During the day we often felt it was warmer outside the albergues than in.

I think the Almería association is a full-time year-round organization, they are indefatigable and have endless hospitality and kindness to share. When we walked in April, there was a slight “bubble” of about 12, but it was a rare occasion to see others while walking. Occasionally at coffee stops in towns, we would see others, and usually at night, but I think that spring is Almería “crunch time” when there may occasionally be as many as 10-15 people walking the same stage on the same day. I assume your timeframe will be very, not fairly, solitary. But weather, I assume, should be very good!
Thank you!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
We'll be starting from Almeria at the end of February. Our first spring Camino, after several fall ones. Can't wait!

Hi, I am doing the VdP this spring but was thinking of coming back in November to do the Mozarabe. From comments above I know it will be pretty solitary and assume the albergues will be open, but has anyone any idea as to what weather I can expect.

Thanks in advance.

has anyone any idea as to what weather I can expect.
Weatherspark is a website that provides informative graphs with historical weather averages worldwide. Put the location you are looking for in the search bar at the top right and then choose the timeframe you are interested in. For example, here's the graph for Abla (on the north side of the Sierra Nevada) in November. Note that these are historical averages, not predictions. There are numerous graphs. Here are two:
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.23.10 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.30.02 AM.png

For a seasonal climate forecast, try Meteoblue. These give predictions for 3 months ahead with a warning that "A seasonal weather forecast for particular day is not technically possible: it is statistically more unreliable than a climatic average." Still, it helps you see if NOAA and ECMWF are predicting a wetter or drier than usual fall, or a warmer or colder than usual one.

Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.43.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-15 at 8.43.12 AM.png

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If you're checking climate charts, I suggest that you check a cross-section from different points on the route because the altitude and other conditions vary greatly. Perhaps look at Almeria, Abla, Alquife, Guadix, and Quentar to get some idea of what you're going through to reach Granada.

Double 'likes', maybe quadruple to this response. I began this walk at the beginning of April 2018. The AsociaciĂłn from AlmerĂ­a is hugely engaged and 'bending over backwards' hardly described the lengths they went to, especially as I was walking on the Easter holiday. Be assured that your passage will be noted and every help extended to you.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back