• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Almeria to Granada Camino Route & Órgiva: Changes and Accommodation

camino_rooky

Time of past OR future Camino
Fisterra2012;Ingles 2013;Littoral 2014;Frances 2016;Portuguese 2015,2017,2018;Mozarabe 2017,2019
Does anyone know if the route from Almeria to Granada has changed in recent years ? On my wall map of Camino Routes the town of Órgiva is on the route from Almeria but the stages listed on the Camino Mozarabe website don’t mention it. As we have been offered free accommodation there for a night or 2 in April I thought I might fit in another Camino around it.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
How old is your wall map? I have a map from 2016 that shows the Camino not passing within 50 km of Órgiva. Still, I expect you could find some wonderful walks around there!

Órgiva is not mentioned often on the forum, but here are a few posts from 2012 - there is no suggestion that Órgiva is on a Camino route.

Just walked from Almeria in October. Orgiva is south of the Sierra Nevada national park. The Camino runs north of that park. You could take transport to either Almeria or Granada and pick it up from there. And there may be backpacking trails that cross the park, but I'm not sure about services. Looks pretty wild.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

I've just completed the Camino Mozarabe from Almeria. My first Camino was the Camino Frances from SJPDP in October 2021. I don't have a trip report as such. I know people who trip on mushrooms...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back