Advertisement

Mozarabe from Malaga

2018 edition Camino Guides

Oppis

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF -15, VdlP -15, Sanabres-16. Portugues -17, Norte/Primitivo -17, Mozarabe/Torres-18
My wife and I started from Malaga on emergecy day (112 ). Now walked three days. Weather like summer, don’t envy those walking on CF with a lot of snow. Albergue in Almogia was available, a bit cold, former Pilgrims a week ago. No kitchen, but microwave to use. Albergue Villanueva de la Concepcion available, too, Cold too, no heather, kitchen yes, but no egvibments, happily micro is working. Antequera parroguial albergue not open, but there is plenty of inexpensive hostels in town. Day three the mountain Sierra Los Chimeneas was spectacular, not for weak nerves. If you seek a solitary Camino, this is the one for you, at least on February. This route is perfectly waymarked, thanks to Malaga Associacion. In every fork there is the arrow where to go, and a cross where not.

Our plan is to continue to Merida, then VldP to Salamanca, then switch to Torres and to CP to Santiago

Advertisment

SabineP

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
some and then more. see my signature.
My wife and I started from Malaga on emergecy day (112 ). Now walked three days. Weather like summer, don’t envy those walking on CF with a lot of snow. Albergue in Almogia was available, a bit cold, former Pilgrims a week ago. No kitchen, but microwave to use. Albergue Villanueva de la Concepcion available, too, Cold too, no heather, kitchen yes, but no egvibments, happily micro is working. Antequera parroguial albergue not open, but there is plenty of inexpensive hostels in town. Day three the mountain Sierra Los Chimeneas was spectacular, not for weak nerves. If you seek a solitary Camino, this is the one for you, at least on February. This route is perfectly waymarked, thanks to Malaga Associacion. In every fork there is the arrow where to go, and a cross where not.

Our plan is to continue to Merida, then VldP to Salamanca, then switch to Torres and to CP to Santiago

Ultreia! Will be following your posts.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francés (May-July 2017)
Camino Primitivo (May-June 2018)
Sounds amazing, I'm sure it will be super interesting to compare these four different trails. ¡Buen camino!

rappahannock_rev

Anglican Catholic Priest
Donating Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Lourdes, Burgos & SdeC 1977; Frances 2012, 2015 & 2017; Finisterre 2017; Aragones 2018 (God willin')

And how long do you think that it will take you to complete this trek?

Anniesantiago

Veteran Member
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2006,9,11,12,13,14, 16, Aragones 2011,12,
VDLP 2011, 13, Lourdes 2012, Portuguese 2008, Madrid 2014, (2016)
Soon you will be in groves and groves and groves and miles and miles of olive trees... but yes, the mountains were spectacular!

Advertisment

Raggy

Camino(s) past & future
Almeria Mozarabic (2017)
Yes. You will soon be in vast olive groves. From Castro del Rio your path will merge with the other Mozarabic routes that start in Jaen and Almeria. Three times the traffic! But don't worry, it's still quiet.
I hope you have time to stop at the many spectacular places on this route. Take some time to explore Cordoba, Magacela, Merida, and others. When you enter Merida, you'll pass an elementary school with a huge "CAMINO MOZARABE" painted on the wall. If it's a school day, you should enter and introduce yourselves to the staff. They may well invite you to say hello to the kids, who learn about the Camino in their curriculum.

I'm looking forward to following your progress. Buen Camino!

Bala

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (Oct 2015, SJPdP-Burgos)
Camino Frances (Burgos-Santiago 2018)
Sounds fantastic. Looking forward to following you. Buen Camino!

Oppis

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF -15, VdlP -15, Sanabres-16. Portugues -17, Norte/Primitivo -17, Mozarabe/Torres-18
Thank’s to all of you. We hope to complete this Camino on first days of May. So, got plenty of time.

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Will be following you. After Easter in Malaga, I have not yet decided whether to start in Malaga or Merida. But go, I will. Planning to end in Merida, with the lovely Roman remains there.

alexwalker

Forever Pilgrim
Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
Starting and ending in Mérida would make for one short walk! ;)
:):):) It should be Malaga or Almeria! But I think it will be Almeria.

Oppis

Donating Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few days more on Camino Mozrabe de Malaga. Still no other Pilgrims met. Perfect weather. Albergue Villanueva de Algais available, key from thr bar. 21 pm. Policia Local came in to chec passports. A large albergue, only microwave to cook.
Encinas Reales albergue available, too. Very simply, no heathing. No kitchen, no micro . First time in our lifetime on policecar, when she carried us to albergue.
No albergue in Lucena. Our choice is Pension Sara. Inexpensive with breakfast.
After Encinas Reales there was a shoes off river crossing, otherwise easy walkable sandy countryroads, Oliveyards all over the mountains, amaizing skeneries.
Btw. All albergues, so far, have been Donativos. Kilometres collected 117km from Malaga to Lucena.
To be continued......

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • April

Votes: 46 18.7%
  • May

Votes: 57 23.2%
  • June