• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mozarabe in September anyone ??

Kevin F. O*brien

Time of past OR future Camino
2002-2019 Via Podiensis, Camino Frances, Via de la plata, Camino del Norte, Camino Primitivo, etc.
Hello again everyone, As previously mentioned my wife Kari and I have been planning to walk from Almeria via Granada, Cordoba and Merida to Santiago. We planned to start on or about the 15th of September. Now it appears that Kari may not be able to get enough time free from her employment to walk all or, at least a large part of the route. I can walk it alone, of course, but if anyone has been put off by the small numbers of people walking, then they are welcome to come along!. I'm sixty six years old, reasonably well behaved, and relatively congenial. I've been walking in Spain since 2003, so I can claim some experience. As mentioned I'm starting in Almeria and will be stopping for a couple of days each, in Granada and Cordoba. If you have the time/interest, let me know here on the Forum. Best to all.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Kevin,

Too bad for Kari or rather for you both. I hope that you have luck finding someone, you already know about my 16 days from Granada entirely alone.

Lovely route everyone and the cities of Granada and Córdoba are gems!

Some day I will do it again but am off this Friday to attack the Camí Jaume, Aragonés and Invierno with Laurie.

Buen Camino!

Kevin, sorry that your wife can't go with you. I am not taking the Mozarabe, but I will be on Via de la Plata starting September 17 from Castiblanco de Arroyos. Maybe we'll cross paths once you get on VDLP.

I'm 68 and this is my first camino. Up to now some balance issues which cropped up again this spring haven't interfered with my walking. Getting an extensive workup next Monday. Depending on how it goes, like maybe needing surgery, I think I might just go on my camino immediately and deal with it when I get back. Right now wishing I had done a camino before now.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Kevin,
You have probably seen Maggies blog, if not check it out, lots of info on the Mozarabe and great photos.
We walked from Malaga and found no great problems.
Regards
George

Thanks everyone for your warm wishes! And thanks George for the info on Magwood. Yep, I've been reading her comments. Why Almeria? Well, I'm a bit intrigued by the idea of walking along the lower ridges of the Sierra Nevada, and they say that when you come in to Granada from the East, you actually look down into the city. LT, your comments about the route from Granada are noted, and I'll have to brush up my horrible Spanish again. I hope you and Laurie have a wonderful three Caminos (!!) together. As mentioned, Kari may be able to come, but time will tell. Ricitos, I'll keep an eye out for you on the Plata, but probably won't be in Merida before early in October. Stay well everyone. Thanks again for the comments. Buen Camino!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back