• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino Mozarabe started 11.2.22

steve cole

Time of past OR future Camino
Starting the french way today
Doing my longest Camino todate. Mozarabe (to Leon) San Salvador to Oviedo then the Primitivo to Santiago ( god willing)
Updating everyday with costs, open Albergues and general info. I use Instagram if you want check things out it's Steve1963cole.

I know the route well as I walked each Camino separately so I thought join them up. I have decide in about to walk to Astorga and 2 days back to Leon or straight up from La Baneza.

I am Camino addict by the way, but also on a budget of about 20 euro a day.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Which starting point of the Mozarabe?
Otherwise it sounds great

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What a wonderful Camino you have ahead of you. Where do you start - Malaga, Almeria? I have to admit that I am slightly envious!
Buen Camino

Doing my longest Camino todate. Mozarabe (to Leon) San Salvador to Oviedo then the Primitivo to Santiago ( god willing)
Updating everyday with costs, open Albergues and general info. I use Instagram if you want check things out it's Steve1963cole.

I know the route well as I walked each Camino separately so I thought join them up. I have decide in about to walk to Astorga and 2 days back to Leon or straight up from La Baneza.

Looking forward to your reporting - here? I don't do instagram so maybe I will miss out!

Go for it Steve - I’ll be following your instagram page. You’ve covered a lot of miles before this one too.
Enjoy your 90 days in schengen.

I see you are starting in Almería.
Buen camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

I know the feeling and might be called a camino junkie as well. Unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to walk such a long camino in one go. I wish you well pilgrim, may every step be a joyful one!
€20 per day maybe a bit low though - cost of accommodations alone will be higher now since with all covid restrictions and regulations more work has to be done in them and less people can be accommodated.
Buen camino!

I just finished the VDLP from Sevilla in December. My original plan was to walk the Sanabria also to arrive in Santiago. I too am a budget pilgrim and really like to keep my expenses down. Unfortunately because of Covid I ended up spending the most money I have ever spent on any camino. I do not know what the albergue situation is now but there were many albergues closed and I was forced to sleep in hostels and pensions on many days. Even when albergues were open almost all of the kitchens were closed and I was forced to eat in more restaurants than I had planned even for lunch. I ended up going up to Astorga and joining the CF because I was told a few times by albergue owners the situation on the Sanabria was similar to the VDLP. I tend to doubt the albergue situation will be any different in February but who knows and I hope I am wrong. Gronze.com does the best job of keeping up to date on open/closed albergues. I also relied on the Buen Camino and Wise Pilgrim as well as a few other sources to find alternative places to sleep. I always called ahead to make sure the desired albergue would be open as no source is 100% accurate. Buen Camino it sounds like a great experience!

Hi there. Looking to do the Mozarabe from Cordoba to Merida at the end of April so looking forward to hearing what happens with you regarding accommodation on this section. Buen Camino.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Go for it Steve - I’ll be following your instagram page. You’ve covered a lot of miles before this one too.
Enjoy your 90 days in schengen.

I see you are starting in Almería.
Buen camino
Thanks I will👍👍👍

Hi there. Looking to do the Mozarabe from Cordoba to Merida at the end of April so looking forward to hearing what happens with you regarding accommodation on this section. Buen Camino.
No problems with Albergues up to Granada, doing research about after Granada

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I just finished the VDLP from Sevilla in December. My original plan was to walk the Sanabria also to arrive in Santiago. I too am a budget pilgrim and really like to keep my expenses down. Unfortunately because of Covid I ended up spending the most money I have ever spent on any camino. I do not know what the albergue situation is now but there were many albergues closed and I was forced to sleep in hostels and pensions on many days. Even when albergues were open almost all of the kitchens were closed and I was forced to eat in more restaurants than I had planned even for lunch. I ended up going up to Astorga and joining the CF because I was told a few times by albergue owners the situation on the Sanabria was similar to the VDLP. I tend to doubt the albergue situation will be any different in February but who knows and I hope I am wrong. Gronze.com does the best job of keeping up to date on open/closed albergues. I also relied on the Buen Camino and Wise Pilgrim as well as a few other sources to find alternative places to sleep. I always called ahead to make sure the desired albergue would be open as no source is 100% accurate. Buen Camino it sounds like a great experience!
Between Almeria and Granada it's perfect almost all donation albergues all are open. It will be more difficult after. Also on budget might need a plan B. Just need to be in Leon end of March for San Salvador and Primitivo

What a wonderful Camino you have ahead of you. Where do you start - Malaga, Almeria? I have to admit that I am slightly envious!
Buen Camino
Almeria,👍

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Between Almeria and Granada it's perfect almost all donation albergues all are open. It will be more difficult after. Also on budget might need a plan B. Just need to be in Leon end of March for San Salvador and Primitivo
With Covid and all the changes what happened when I walked may be very different than when you will be walking.

With Covid and all the changes what happened when I walked may be very different than when you will be walking.
I still have doubts between Cordoba and Merida, I can always bus to Seville and do the VDLP again. I have walked the Mozarabe before also. Good to have a plan B

I know the feeling and might be called a camino junkie as well. Unfortunately I have never had the opportunity to walk such a long camino in one go. I wish you well pilgrim, may every step be a joyful one!
€20 per day maybe a bit low though - cost of accommodations alone will be higher now since with all covid restrictions and regulations more work has to be done in them and less people can be accommodated.
Buen camino!
I Primitivo in September last in Asturias municipal Albergues 5 euro. Galicia 8 euro. Here now between Almeria and Granada 7 of the 9 albergues along the Camino are donation albergues the other 2 cost 13 euro. Normally I budget 10 euro Albergue 10 euro food/drink a day on average. But if municipals are closed I will get bus from Granada to Seville and do VDLP again. Good to have plan B

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Camino ninja verifes if albergues are open,,👍

Steve
I’ve just caught up with you on instagram.
Congratulations on another arrival to Santiago.
For those who can’t access instagram… I’m sure Steve would be happy for you to know that he’s walking to Muxia now and expects to be there Saturday.
Looks like a really nice private albergue he recently posted from. Albergue Monte Aro. 14euros per night. He has it all to himself. It looks pretty quiet ‘out there’ at least.
A screen shot below of location area of the albergue.

Buen camino Steve.

Attachments

• B7C8E202-1586-4BFC-90B6-FEC3F6975A7C.jpeg
    B7C8E202-1586-4BFC-90B6-FEC3F6975A7C.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 4
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi mate, well done great effort. Can I ask a question I’m starting from Almeria 2nd May. Based on your experience will I need a sleeping bag or will silk liner be enough? I thought I was sorted kit wise but last minute fear creeping in.

thanks

Russ

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back