A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Buy any book, get free camino shell

Mozarabic guide

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2013)
Portuguese (2015)
VDlP(2017)
Camino Mozarabe/Levante from Toledo (2018)
Hello everyone, we are hoping to walk the Mozarabe starting in March, someone mentioned that there was a guide by Kevin O’Brien, could you please let me know how to find it?
Thank you

Last edited:
Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2013)
Portuguese (2015)
VDlP(2017)
Thank you, lots of good info in this link. I’ve also located Kevin’s guide

Last edited:
Hi, Corine, Our little band will be starting in April. We've been told that several albergues have opened since Kevin wrote and the marking has improved. Have you seen the online association guide? The link over on the right side on their home page. (also, updated every month) http://www.almeriajacobea.es

It's in Spanish but even if you don't speak Spanish, it's easy to use for distances, terrain, lodging. The Association is also a great resource, they answer email questions immediately. Are you starting in Almería? People also start in Jaén and
Málaga.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2013)
Portuguese (2015)
VDlP(2017)
Wonderful! How far are you walking? We are unsure about continuing on the VdlP (we walked the vdlp/Sanabres last year)
Thank you for the info

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2013)
Portuguese (2015)
VDlP(2017)
Sorry, missed part of the question, we are hoping to start in Almeria

Not sure how far I will get since I only have a month this year. At least Cáceres, maybe Salamanca! If you aren't sure you want to continue on the Vdlp, take a look at Camino de Torres. One of our gaggle is planning to walk that route, and there are great posts from @alansykes who walked last year. There is a good amount of info on the forum, surprisingly. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-torres.176/

Camino(s) past & future
PC - LIS to SdC (16), VdlP - SV to SdC(17). Mozarabe - Almeria /Merida April (18) Levante Nov (18)
Thank you, lots of good info in this link. I’ve also located Kevin’s guide
Hi Corine - could you please add the link here to Kevin's guide as I can't seem to find it. Many thanks.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2013)
Portuguese (2015)
VDlP(2017)
Hi there, unsure how to share the link but it is attached to Peregrinations 2000’s “Walking guide—Mozarabic from Almeria to Granada” thread in this forum area.

When are you hoping to walk?

Camino(s) past & future
PC - LIS to SdC (16), VdlP - SV to SdC(17). Mozarabe - Almeria /Merida April (18) Levante Nov (18)
Thanks Corine. I am hoping to walk in early April. All flight price dependent though. I usually find flights to Spain for around $500 yet still looking.... When are you planning on walking ? Funnily enough I was supposed to fly out to Calgary to ski for a few weeks at Kicking Horse, Kimberely and Fernie.Will have to wait until next year. Love those mountains. Going to stay and ski with friends in QC City instead. Le Massif is one of faves in the east.
I see you are located in Alberta - fellow Canuck :)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2013)
Portuguese (2015)
VDlP(2017)
We’ll be flying out of Calgary March 5, to Madrid via Frankfurt. Will probably start walking about a week later. I see you walked the vdlp last year, we did too, started the end of March in Seville.
Where are you located?

Camino(s) past & future
We’ll be flying out of Calgary March 5, to Madrid via Frankfurt. Will probably start walking about a week later. I see you walked the vdlp last year, we did too, started the end of March in Seville.
Where are you located?
Hi Corine - I live in Toronto yet from Montreal. Yes I walked the VdlP in 2 trips as don't like to rush or being away from home for more than a month. I was in Seville for Semana Santa - Easter week which was mind blowing and ended in Salamanca on May 6. Resumed in Salamanca in October and finished in Santiago. Took bus to Porto where stayed with friends for 4 days. An incredilble trip and can't wait to start in Almeria.
Cheers
Mary

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.7%
  • May

Votes: 188 24.6%