• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Mozarabic guide

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances(2013)
Portuguese (2015)
VDlP(2017)
Camino Mozarabe/Levante from Toledo (2018)
Hello everyone, we are hoping to walk the Mozarabe starting in March, someone mentioned that there was a guide by Kevin O’Brien, could you please let me know how to find it?
Thank you

Last edited:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you, lots of good info in this link. I’ve also located Kevin’s guide

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi, Corine, Our little band will be starting in April. We've been told that several albergues have opened since Kevin wrote and the marking has improved. Have you seen the online association guide? The link over on the right side on their home page. (also, updated every month) http://www.almeriajacobea.es

It's in Spanish but even if you don't speak Spanish, it's easy to use for distances, terrain, lodging. The Association is also a great resource, they answer email questions immediately. Are you starting in Almería? People also start in Jaén and
Málaga.

Wonderful! How far are you walking? We are unsure about continuing on the VdlP (we walked the vdlp/Sanabres last year)
Thank you for the info

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Not sure how far I will get since I only have a month this year. At least Cáceres, maybe Salamanca! If you aren't sure you want to continue on the Vdlp, take a look at Camino de Torres. One of our gaggle is planning to walk that route, and there are great posts from @alansykes who walked last year. There is a good amount of info on the forum, surprisingly. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/forums/camino-torres.176/

Thank you, lots of good info in this link. I’ve also located Kevin’s guide
Hi Corine - could you please add the link here to Kevin's guide as I can't seem to find it. Many thanks.

Hi there, unsure how to share the link but it is attached to Peregrinations 2000’s “Walking guide—Mozarabic from Almeria to Granada” thread in this forum area.

When are you hoping to walk?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks Corine. I am hoping to walk in early April. All flight price dependent though. I usually find flights to Spain for around $500 yet still looking.... When are you planning on walking ? Funnily enough I was supposed to fly out to Calgary to ski for a few weeks at Kicking Horse, Kimberely and Fernie.Will have to wait until next year. Love those mountains. Going to stay and ski with friends in QC City instead. Le Massif is one of faves in the east.
I see you are located in Alberta - fellow Canuck :)

We’ll be flying out of Calgary March 5, to Madrid via Frankfurt. Will probably start walking about a week later. I see you walked the vdlp last year, we did too, started the end of March in Seville.
Where are you located?

We’ll be flying out of Calgary March 5, to Madrid via Frankfurt. Will probably start walking about a week later. I see you walked the vdlp last year, we did too, started the end of March in Seville.
Where are you located?
Hi Corine - I live in Toronto yet from Montreal. Yes I walked the VdlP in 2 trips as don't like to rush or being away from home for more than a month. I was in Seville for Semana Santa - Easter week which was mind blowing and ended in Salamanca on May 6. Resumed in Salamanca in October and finished in Santiago. Took bus to Porto where stayed with friends for 4 days. An incredilble trip and can't wait to start in Almeria.
Cheers
Mary

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back