• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Munich to Lake Constance Jakobsweg and Via Jacobi to Geneva

gittiharre

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2022 Camino Portuguese and Primitivo
Hi friends, have just made an ultra spontaneous decision and I am off to walk the above route starting August 20, just got a cheap flight from Auckland to Munich. Don't have a pilgrims passport or guidebooks organised....oh well. There is some weird thing about only getting a passport at the end of a mass which is held every 6 weeks or so in Munich...why is Germany so complicated, I guess this is why I went to live in New Zealand in the first place....if anyone has some info, let me know, cheers, Gitti

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
No info, but I met pilgrims on the Le Puy route who have passed along the way you're intending to go. I'm told it's not quite as straightforward as going the major routes, but quite feasible and quite wonderful.

I'll follow your progress with interest, Gitti...and some healthy envy.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you Jan and Robert for your comments, I have now decided to start in Geneva and walk the Via Gebenennsis instead as far as Le Puy and then perhaps the Robert Louis Stevenson trail or continue on familiar territory along the GR 65 and perhaps walk one or 2 of the Variantes along the Cele valley or via Rocamadour. We will see. Germany and Switzerland did sound a bit more complicated and it looked like one had to walk through quite a few big towns in Swtzerland which I did not fancy. I was also concerned that it might get a bit cold in September and I am keen to get as much summer weather as possible. Cheers, Gitti

gittiharre said:
Hi friends, have just made an ultra spontaneous decision and I am off to walk the above route starting August 20, just got a cheap flight from Auckland to Munich. Don't have a pilgrims passport or guidebooks organised....oh well. There is some weird thing about only getting a passport at the end of a mass which is held every 6 weeks or so in Munich...why is Germany so complicated, I guess this is why I went to live in New Zealand in the first place....if anyone has some info, let me know, cheers, Gitti

We're not that complicated here in Germany. You don't need the credencial from Munich, any crecencial issued by an official confraternity anywhere is good enough. I've walked some German paths with a credencial issued in St. Jean-Pieds-de-Port which I didn't need after all and if I was asked at all, people were just interested in the story behind it.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back