Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Munich to Saint Jean

Astrit

Camino(s) past & future
June 2017
hi there,
Is any of u planning to begin Camino on October from Germany and how to reach it from Munich ?
I would love to have company since this is my first time there . I am planning just the first part of it and next year maybe the all way . Thanks for your help

Advertisment

Felipe

Veteran Member
Well, the Camino (the Jakobsweg) starts by the Isar river. And it is a beautiful walk.
The photo, besides the Munich's Hellabrunn zoo; you can see the river in the background.
There are many Caminos (not only the Frances) and starting points.
(Edited): the obvious way from Munich to Saint Jean is by Paris (Lufthansa or Air France) then a connection to Biarritz airport (many options) or Bayonne (train).
When I was in Munich, I noticed also a daily direct flight to Toulouse, where you can take a train to Bayonne.
Bayonne and Biarritz are almost adjacent cities. From the latter, you can take a local train connection to SJPP.
Buen camino!
upload_2017-9-13_16-45-5.png

Last edited:

Astrit

Camino(s) past & future
June 2017
Well, the Camino (the Jakobsweg) starts by the Isar river. And it is a beautiful walk.
The photo, besides the Munich's Hellabrunn zoo; you can see the river in the background.
There are many Caminos (not only the Frances) and starting points.
(Edited): the obvious way from Munich to Saint Jean is by Paris (Lufthansa or Air France) then a connection to Biarritz airport (many options) or Bayonne (train).
When I was in Munich, I noticed also a daily direct flight to Toulouse, where you can take a train to Bayonne.
Bayonne and Biarritz are almost adjacent cities. From the latter, you can take a local train connection to SJPP.
Buen camino!
View attachment 36178
Thanks a lot ...

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • April

Votes: 46 18.5%
  • May

Votes: 58 23.3%
  • June