A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Municipal Albergue at Betanzos

2020 Camino Guides

Robert Wawrzyniak

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Comments on Gronze suggest that places at the albergue at Betanzos are limited whilst renovations are underway. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Thanks

Saranger

Camino(s) past & future
Samos-Santiago 2015 & 2016
Porto-Santiago 2017
Kumano Kodo March 2018
Ferrol-Santiago May 2019
I was told in Ferrol at office on May 7 there are only 6 beds available during the renovations. She didn’t say when the work will be finished. I took that as an apportu ity to treat myself to a night at the Hotel Villa de Betanzos. When you start in Ferrol get your stamp at the office and a briefing. You'll learn if it's finished. Alternatively, make an alternate route enervation with a cancelation policy allowing you to cancel if you prefer the municipal albergue.

LesBrass

Likes Walking
Camino(s) past & future
yes...
I was told in Ferrol at office on May 7 there are only 6 beds available during the renovations. She didn’t say when the work will be finished. I took that as an apportu ity to treat myself to a night at the Hotel Villa de Betanzos. When you start in Ferrol get your stamp at the office and a briefing. You'll learn if it's finished. Alternatively, make an alternate route enervation with a cancelation policy allowing you to cancel if you prefer the municipal albergue.
I did exactly the same. I read that there were only 6 beds so booked a hotel. I was looking forward to staying here as I've read good things but I leave next Monday and I think it might be busy... so I now have a bed in the hotel :)

Robert Wawrzyniak

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2017)
Thanks for the replies. Currently in Betanzos and can confirm that the albergue is limited to 6 places. This situation will apply indefinitely. If you arrive on the weekend they will accommodate any overflow in a nearby school.

Becky 59

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (May 2018)
Camino Ingles (Aug 2019)
Thanks for the replies. Currently in Betanzos and can confirm that the albergue is limited to 6 places. This situation will apply indefinitely. If you arrive on the weekend they will accommodate any overflow in a nearby school.
Good to know! We’ll be there in August!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 91 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 362 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock