Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Municipal Albergues

jsalt

Jill
Past OR future Camino
Portugués, Francés, LePuy, Rota Vicentina, Norte, Madrid, C2C, Salvador, Primitivo, Aragonés, Inglés
Is there any official news yet that municipal albergues will open again by January?

Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

iggy jay walks

Past OR future Camino
CF
hows the albergues functioning in the CF nowadays? I wonder any communal dinners going on, or the communal spirit has been dismissed because of the pandemic?

Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little, most of them by the end of 2021. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Mycroft

Many of the municipal albergues are open again. Check Gronze.com for the most updated list in each town.
I will add I started checking gronze's albergue list and made plans based on what looked good and was marked as open when I would be passing through. Then I started getting n touch with some of the albergues directly, and found that they do not update on gronze their plans--meaning look on gronze, find places you might want to stay and double check with the albergue itself because they are not always keeping the opening dates they originally supplied to gronze.

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Phil says when you call his albergue you get the city office in El Burgo Ranero instead of the albergue and of course their hours will be what a city office would be and not the albergue...

JabbaPapa

"True Pilgrim"
Past OR future Camino
100 characters or fewer : see signature details
Some were open this year, some weren't.

I don't think there's a one-size-fits-all answer to the question.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads