• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Music for the Camino

scruffy1

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Holy Year from Pamplona 2010, SJPP 2011, Lisbon 2012, Le Puy 2013, Vezelay (partial watch this space!) 2014; 2015 Toulouse-Puenta la Reina (Arles)
While walking music is always a source of comfort, of joy, of rejuvenation and we all have our favorites. I always enjoy something not tainted by modernism, something more 'appropriate' to the effort, 'properly' medieval. My choice is something not Spanish though occasionally yes Jordi Savall and Montserrat Figueras both diehard Catalans - no politics intended - but the music so moving and so Camino. With musicians from Catalunya, Spain, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, and the Balkans a truly international mix. Try this and find more on your own,

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Scruffy1, given your knowledge, perhaps you could build a Spotify playlist and share it with the community?

Oliver Schroer's album "Camino" which was recorded in Cathedrals along the Camino Francais is a favorite. Another favorite is "Pilgrimage to Santiago" by John Eliot Gardiner and the Monteverdi Choir.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dear Scruffy, I hope I may be forgiven for introducing a cheeky wee diversion to your topic?
I can't listen to music while walking - there's just too much going on around to absorb.
But I found this song in the middle of a bleak UK winter and it evoked the best of afternoons in sunny albergue gardens. And reminded me to hurry back to Spain as soon as the opportunity arises. NB the virtuosa guitarist is the singer's mum

Dear Scruffy, I hope I may be forgiven for introducing a cheeky wee diversion to your topic?
I can't listen to music while walking - there's just too much going on around to absorb.
But I found this song in the middle of a bleak UK winter and it evoked the best of afternoons in sunny albergue gardens. And reminded me to hurry back to Spain as soon as the opportunity arises. NB the virtuosa guitarist is the singer's mum
Love her voice and she enunciates clearly enough so even I can understand.

While walking music is always a source of comfort, of joy, of rejuvenation and we all have our favorites. I always enjoy something not tainted by modernism, something more 'appropriate' to the effort, 'properly' medieval. My choice is something not Spanish though occasionally yes Jordi Savall and Montserrat Figueras both diehard Catalans - no politics intended - but the music so moving and so Camino. With musicians from Catalunya, Spain, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, and the Balkans a truly international mix. Try this and find more on your own,

Looking forward to listening to all these responses. Really enjoyed watching Europe MTV in some of the places we stayed at it - no music videos on MTV in USA ( that I grew up with)
[/QUOTE]

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Looking forward to listening to all these responses. Really enjoyed watching Europe MTV in some of the places we stayed at it - no music videos on MTV in USA ( that I grew up with)
[/QUOTE]
To really get into the mood, you need a musician who plays on something that looks like a cigar box with a broom handle attached. In a more serious note search out he and his wife, sadly RIP, the amazing and beautiful Montserrat Figueras, try here!!!

Back