A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Music from Galicia - BBC Port w Julia Fowlis

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Camino(s) past & future
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
Admit it; you are dying to go, but cannot, or will not, due to the current situation, and you will watch anything just vaguely touching Spain and the Camino - but food programs alone will not cut it...

Julie Fowlis is an interesting artist from the North of Scotland - and an accomplished singer , and dons the pipes too....
She and her Irish collegue from County Kerry meet local Galician artists and join in......
Julie Fowlis plays regularly at the Tønder Festival (DK), where I work as a volunteer...She makes wonderful sessions.

Galicia, Scotland & Ireland and Brittany are bound together by culture, music and language*.
Meeting in singing, fiddling and piping, they will catch on like a house on fire...
I have an old Live CD with Altan (Ireland) visiting Galicia, and the audience would not let them go, so it became a double CD!!

Enjoy

* Galicia is not yet formally given a full Celtic status...a bone of contention...

Last edited:

Erromesa

Camino(s) past & future
Barnealdeko Donejakue Bidea (Basque Country interior)
Don't forget to watch the Asturias episode! Asturias is also a nation that has musical connections with Celtic nations.

Puxa Asturies!

I think Julie Fowlis and Muireann NicAmhlaoibh are incredible musicians.

Pelegrin

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo June 2013
SJPP - Logroño June 2014
Ingles July2016
I am Galician and I think that if Galicia is admitted in the club why not France, Belgium (Wallons) and more.
But. If the Celts settled or not in Galicia no doubt for me because I have a cute certificate base on DNA that says that I have Celtic origin.

taigirl

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2019
Thank you. I love the music. The Piper, as I walked through the tunnel in the square at SDC, made my Camino.

jmaltais

Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2020)
Two Galician bands--their music is incredible: Milledoiro and Berroguetto. I have played their music for years; long before I dreamt of the Camino.

Admit it; you are dying to go, but cannot, or will not, due to the current situation, and you will watch anything just vaguely touching Spain and the Camino - but food programs alone will not cut it...

Julie Fowlis is an interesting artist from the North of Scotland - and an accomplished singer , and dons the pipes too....
She and her Irish collegue from County Kerry meet local Galician artists and join in......
Julie Fowlis plays regularly at the Tønder Festival (DK), where I work as a volunteer...She makes wonderful sessions.

Galicia, Scotland & Ireland and Brittany are bound together by culture, music and language*.
Meeting in singing, fiddling and piping, they will catch on like a house on fire...
I have an old Live CD with Altan (Ireland) visiting Galicia, and the audience would not let them go, so it became a double CD!!

Enjoy

* Galicia is not yet formally given a full Celtic status...a bone of contention...

Fabulous.Gura mile maith agat.
Thank you .

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.8%
  • October

Votes: 156 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock