• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Must-have sellos in Santiago?

Time of past OR future Camino
Partial Frances (2018)
Full Frances 2022 (May-Jun)
I’m nearing the end of my Camino and am on my 4th credencial. I want to fill it up but also want to make sure I get the important selllos in Santiago, so I want to save room for them.

Recommendations?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Taberno do Bispo for sure along with a shameless plug for Pilgrim House and then any one of the many restaurants around the Marche and the church next to the Marche where Johnnie Walker plays the organ.
I have never asked Ivar if he has a stamp because it never crossed my mind.
I don't think I have ever collected any stamp in Santiago other than the completion stamp.
It is an interesting question you have posed.

I’m nearing the end of my Camino and am on my 4th credencial. I want to fill it up but also want to make sure I get the important selllos in Santiago, so I want to save room for them.

Recommendations?

Voilà.
A list of three pages where you can get a sello in Santiago de Compostela.
Bars, churches, restaurants, public offices, etcetera.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Voilà.

Sabine,
Only you could produce a list like that. Kudos!

Voilà.

Awesome! Thanks.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I worried this year as I went to the Pilgrim office for my second and probably last Compostela.
I had a composite collection of stretches of VdlPl due to unforeseen injuries and retakes, and had totally forgot a sello from Santiago itself.
But everything went fast and effectively inside, by gawd, I was finished in no time ..
This one was dedicated to my late father ( "In Vicaria Pro" ) , and who was the one that told me of the Way some time in 1968..
From now on it is walking at a slower pace, and with no fixed finish line and -time, enough of that...

I worried this year as I went to the Pilgrim office for my second and probably last Compostela.
I had a composite collection of stretches of VdlPl due to unforeseen injuries and retakes, and had totally forgot a sello from Santiago itself.
But everything went fast and effectively inside, by gawd, I was finished in no time ..
This one was dedicated to my late father ( "In Vicaria Pro" ) , and who was the one that told me of the Way some time in 1968..
From now on it is walking at a slower pace, and with no fixed finish line and -time, enough of that...
I have walked the Camino every five years and this last one was my fourth. Each one was both more challenging and more filled with wonder because I took time and experienced the journey along the way. The poem "Ithaca" by Constance P. Cavafy, explores the difference between the journey and the destination. Buen Camino.

No, no. I merely remembered that it was already posted here on the forum in the past.
Whoever first posted thanks for that posting and thank you for remembering. I have been a forum member for a long time and never saw this before. I am not a big Sello person but I do love it!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The church of San Francisco, just up from the cathedral, has a nice Franciscan stamp and the friars there also issue (or used to issue, when I went in 2019) a certificate called the Cotolaya - free, but donations very welcome.

Taberno do Bispo for sure along with a shameless plug for Pilgrim House and then any one of the many restaurants around the Marche and the church next to the Marche where Johnnie Walker plays the organ.
I have never asked Ivar if he has a stamp because it never crossed my mind.
I don't think I have ever collected any stamp in Santiago other than the completion stamp.
It is an interesting question you have posed.
I haven’t collected any stamps in Santiago except for the completion stamp…

I got a sello from the Ermida-Capela de San Marcos on Monte do Gozo by accident. I was loitering in the shade beside it while waiting for my son, and a volunteer came along and asked me if I wanted to look inside.
My son got a really nice wax-seal sello from a pop up stall in the woods a day or two before Santiago.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The church of San Francisco, just up from the cathedral, has a nice Franciscan stamp and the friars there also issue (or used to issue, when I went in 2019) a certificate called the Cotolaya - free, but donations very welcome.
Thank you so much for this tip. I will not be able to finish the last stage due to health reasons and this would be a nice thing to have in lieu of a compostela
🥰

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.