• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Must see & Avoid places

DavidM

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Coastal Spring 2018
My best friend and I will be walking the Camino Portugues Coastal Route starting in Porto in a few weeks. Are there any Albergues or other lodging places we should avoid and any that are considered an absolute must?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Our friends walked the route in August and said that the Orbitur campsites (which have bungalows) were amazing. I've never stayed in one but they sounded like they were worth checking out. https://orbitur.com/en

Enjoy all the planning and Buen Camino!
Faith

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I only had trouble with an albergue being closed on Saturday but not announced on the internet and then running to the next one, arriving 15min before closing. It's not on the coastal route, but I would double-check saturday/sunday working hours.

On our list from https://www.caminodesantiago.me/com...df-route-portugues-route-monacal-coastal.404/

these accomodation places were recommended (meaning that one or more members of this forum has praised it highly)

Porto Wine Hostel
Porto Tattva Design Hostel
Vila do Conde Hostal Erva Doce
Vila do Conde Hostal Venceslau
Vila do Conde Hostal Bellamar
Povoa do Varzim Sol Povoa Varzinn & Hotel
Viana do CosteloHotel Residencial Laranjeira
Carreço Casa da Sardão
Âncora Albergaria Quim Barreiros *
A Guarda Hotel Eli-Mar **
Oia Casa Puertas
Nigran El Retiro
Vigo Hotel Zenit Vigo
Redondela Albergue A Casa da Herba
Redondela Refuxio de Jerezana
Cesantes Albergue O Refuxio de la Jerezana
Pontevedra Habitaciones Alicia
Pontevedra Slow City Hostel
Pontevedra Hotel Avenida
Padrón Albergue Rossol
Padrón Hostal Jardin
Santiago Hotel Hortas
Santiago Hotel Residencia 25 de Julio

Most read last week in this forum

Hello! My partner and I are preparing to do around 7 days of the Camino Portuguese route, starting at the end of April. We're flying to Porto from Edinburgh, and looking at the best route to...
Will be walking the CP in Aug/Sep with planning clearly focused to staying (for the most part) on the Litoral. However, (using Brierley's Guide) the stage from A Ramallosa to Vigo sets up quite a...
Doing research for my upcoming Camino, I want to connect from coastal to central in Caminha. According to JB the ecopista is pleasant along the river, but I notice Stingy Nomads recommend the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back