A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Muxia Bus help

Hello,
Looking for some info about the bus from Muxia to Santiago. It looks like the bus goes from Muxia at 7:30 am, but I also need to know the arrival time and where the bus arrives in Santiago. We hope to catch a bus to Porto, trying to figure out the timing. Thanks!

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Hello,
Looking for some info about the bus from Muxia to Santiago. It looks like the bus goes from Muxia at 7:30 am, but I also need to know the arrival time and where the bus arrives in Santiago. We hope to catch a bus to Porto, trying to figure out the timing. Thanks!
Here's the schedule. Weekdays the morning bus to Santiago leaves at 6:45. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays it's 7:30.It's about a 1 hour 15 minute trip. It arrives at the bus station in Santiago, where you can take either an Alsa bus or a Flixbus to Porto. I did that in September.
Screenshot_20191217-070753_Drive.jpg

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Just to add: it arrives at Santiago Bus Station, which is where you'll catch your bus to Porto (with Alsa).

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Depending on how many of you there are, it may be less expensive and make more sense to hire a taxi to take you to Muxia. With 4 pilgrims, the cost is less to go to Finisterre, then Muxia, then back to Santiago, than to take the bus and you can go on your own time schedule.

Thanks for the info. We are walking from Santiago to Muxia/ Finnesterre or Finnesterre/ Muxia, with a stop in Lires. The Muxia / Finnesterre route seems to break up more easily into 4 days, but the Sunday bus timing is not as good. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Jan_D

Camino(s) past & future
Aragones (2011)
Frances (2012)
Norte (2013, 2014)
Hospitalera (2014)
Portugues (2017)
Thanks for the info. We are walking from Santiago to Muxia/ Finnesterre or Finnesterre/ Muxia, with a stop in Lires. The Muxia / Finnesterre route seems to break up more easily into 4 days, but the Sunday bus timing is not as good. Any thoughts are appreciated!
Hmmm. 🤔 Yeah it seems the bus from Finisterre-SdC takes around 3 hours. I suppose you could get the bus that arrives in SdC at 15:00, and then catch the 17:30 Alsa or Flixbus for Porto (p.s. these times are for a random Sunday next month, no idea whether there'll be seasonal time changes). Only other thing I can think of (other than Annie's taxi idea) is catching a late afternoon/evening bus from Finisterre (i.e. after your walk - there are buses at 16:45 and 19:00) and then spending the night in Santiago before heading to Porto early the next day.

FSP

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(13)
Portuguese & Finisterre(16)
Norte & Muxia(18)
Olvidado&Salvador&Primitivo(20??)
Be sure to be at the Muxia bus lineup early. When I did it in October 2018 there were more people waiting to take the bus than available seats. it was the one morning I was pleased that a chronic snorer kept me up all night.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock