A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago October 2019

2020 Camino Guides

eileeninhastings

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2009;
Ingles 2018;
Muxia-Fisterra-Santiago 2019
Just finished doing the above route (the Santiago/Finisterre extension in reverse!

This is a beautiful walk and can be done quite easily without maps as the way is marked clearly in both directions on the Muxia Finisterre route and from Santiago to Finisterre on the Finisterre to Santiago route. I had also installed Buen Camino for this section (thanks for the suggestion from Forum members) which worked well - although I found it hard to use at first.

One point to note as the information from Correos is wrong, is that you can have your bags sent on stage by stage from Muxia to Santiago. The company we used was Casa Loncho (yes, the same as the albergue in Olveiroa) and it costs 4 euros per section. This was all arranged from the lovely albergue Muxia Mare in Muxia (spotlessly clean albergue; cotton sheets and towel; bed with personal light and electrical socket, 12 euros per night).

If anyone is thinking of doing this route and has any questions, please contact me via this thread. Pleased to help.

Buen camino everyone.

Becky 59

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (May 2018)
Camino Ingles (Aug 2019)
How was your weather? And the numbers of walkers? I'm contemplating doing this exact route next fall.

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CF: (2001, 2002, 2004, 2014). Hospitalera: 2002, Ponferrada. 2004, Rabanal del Camino.
Just finished doing the above route (the Santiago/Finisterre extension in reverse!

This is a beautiful walk and can be done quite easily without maps as the way is marked clearly in both directions on the Muxia Finisterre route and from Santiago to Finisterre on the Finisterre to Santiago route. I had also installed Buen Camino for this section (thanks for the suggestion from Forum members) which worked well - although I found it hard to use at first.

One point to note as the information from Correos is wrong, is that you can have your bags sent on stage by stage from Muxia to Santiago. The company we used was Casa Loncho (yes, the same as the albergue in Olveiroa) and it costs 4 euros per section. This was all arranged from the lovely albergue Muxia Mare in Muxia (spotlessly clean albergue; cotton sheets and towel; bed with personal light and electrical socket, 12 euros per night).

If anyone is thinking of doing this route and has any questions, please contact me via this thread. Pleased to help.

Buen camino everyone.
Well done you.

I should know this, but I don’t.

Once back to Santiago is it possible to receive the Compostela?

eileeninhastings

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2009;
Ingles 2018;
Muxia-Fisterra-Santiago 2019
How was your weather? And the numbers of walkers? I'm contemplating doing this exact route next fall.
Hi Becky
We walked for 7 days (averaging 10.9 miles per day) and we had beautiful weather except for 1 day when we got soaked! Always a good temperature though - up to about 21/22 degress C in the middle of the day. there were plenty of people in both directions on the Muxia to Finisterre section. There were even more on the Finisterre to Santiago section but almost all of these were going to Finisterre (unlike us who were going to Santiago!). Feel free to ask any more questions. I am sure you will have a great time.

Bradypus

Antediluvian
Camino(s) past & future
Too many and too often!
Once back to Santiago is it possible to receive the Compostela?
You can receive a Compostela if you walk Fisterra - Muxia - Santiago or Muxia - Fisterra - Santiago. But not if you walk directly from either town to Santiago as the total distance is then too short to qualify.

MarianK

Camino(s) past & future
Muxia/Finisterra Reverse 2021
Hello, Wanting to do this route in 2021. Happy to see confirmed here that I can indeed get the Compostela! Curious about your itinerary since you mentioned averaging 10.9 miles a day. Thanks!

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 47 4.1%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.3%