• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Muxia-Finisterre-Santiago October 2019

eileeninhastings

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2009;
Ingles 2018;
Muxia-Fisterra-Santiago 2019
Just finished doing the above route (the Santiago/Finisterre extension in reverse!

This is a beautiful walk and can be done quite easily without maps as the way is marked clearly in both directions on the Muxia Finisterre route and from Santiago to Finisterre on the Finisterre to Santiago route. I had also installed Buen Camino for this section (thanks for the suggestion from Forum members) which worked well - although I found it hard to use at first.

One point to note as the information from Correos is wrong, is that you can have your bags sent on stage by stage from Muxia to Santiago. The company we used was Casa Loncho (yes, the same as the albergue in Olveiroa) and it costs 4 euros per section. This was all arranged from the lovely albergue Muxia Mare in Muxia (spotlessly clean albergue; cotton sheets and towel; bed with personal light and electrical socket, 12 euros per night).

If anyone is thinking of doing this route and has any questions, please contact me via this thread. Pleased to help.

Buen camino everyone.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
How was your weather? And the numbers of walkers? I'm contemplating doing this exact route next fall.

Just finished doing the above route (the Santiago/Finisterre extension in reverse!

This is a beautiful walk and can be done quite easily without maps as the way is marked clearly in both directions on the Muxia Finisterre route and from Santiago to Finisterre on the Finisterre to Santiago route. I had also installed Buen Camino for this section (thanks for the suggestion from Forum members) which worked well - although I found it hard to use at first.

One point to note as the information from Correos is wrong, is that you can have your bags sent on stage by stage from Muxia to Santiago. The company we used was Casa Loncho (yes, the same as the albergue in Olveiroa) and it costs 4 euros per section. This was all arranged from the lovely albergue Muxia Mare in Muxia (spotlessly clean albergue; cotton sheets and towel; bed with personal light and electrical socket, 12 euros per night).

If anyone is thinking of doing this route and has any questions, please contact me via this thread. Pleased to help.

Buen camino everyone.

Well done you.

I should know this, but I don’t.

Once back to Santiago is it possible to receive the Compostela?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
How was your weather? And the numbers of walkers? I'm contemplating doing this exact route next fall.
Hi Becky
We walked for 7 days (averaging 10.9 miles per day) and we had beautiful weather except for 1 day when we got soaked! Always a good temperature though - up to about 21/22 degress C in the middle of the day. there were plenty of people in both directions on the Muxia to Finisterre section. There were even more on the Finisterre to Santiago section but almost all of these were going to Finisterre (unlike us who were going to Santiago!). Feel free to ask any more questions. I am sure you will have a great time.

Hello, Wanting to do this route in 2021. Happy to see confirmed here that I can indeed get the Compostela! Curious about your itinerary since you mentioned averaging 10.9 miles a day. Thanks!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi I plan to begin walking Santiago to Muxia then onto Finisterre and then bus back to Santiago tomorrow.I have the credentual book. Can I get a compostella for this? and where?

Hi I plan to begin walking Santiago to Muxia then onto Finisterre and then bus back to Santiago tomorrow.I have the credentual book. Can I get a compostella for this? and where?
The Pilgrims Office will tell you that you achieve a Compostela by walking to Santiago. So Muxia, Fisterra, Santiago scores as does Fisterra, Muxia, Santiago. Starting from Santiago offers the opportunity to claim a certificate from the tourist offices (and other sources) in both Fisterra and Muxia. Both attractive and pretty souvenirs but not Compostela.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The Pilgrims Office will tell you that you achieve a Compostela by walking to Santiago. So Muxia, Fisterra, Santiago scores as does Fisterra, Muxia, Santiago. Starting from Santiago offers the opportunity to claim a certificate from the tourist offices (and other sources) in both Fisterra and Muxia. Both attractive and pretty souvenirs but not Compostela.
Thank you

Hope you stop in Lires Paddy .
Leave Muxia latish and enjoy this peaceful resting place
Next day full of joy and a wonderful lunch on broad walk in Finisterre.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back