A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

2019 Camino Guides

Muxia to Finisterre

Linda1962

Camino(s) past & future
The French Way 2017
Planning to walk Muxia to Finisterre via Lires - solo - just started feeling a bit concerned about how clearly this way is marked and if I will get confused with backwards markings ? Any advice appreciated please !

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
The way is marked in both directions so there isn't the same problem with backward walking as with other sections.

One problem is if you stop for a break remember which way you were headed or else you may find that the arrows you follow may bring you back to where you started.

In 2015 I was wishing that some sections had more arrows for reassurance but this was along straight sections where they really weren't needed.

Devon Mike

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Finisterre & Muxia (2014, 2015, 2016 & 2018), Primitivo & Ingles (2017)
I have walked both ways in the past, Finisterre to Muxia and Muxia to Finisterre. I found the waymarking for Muxia to Finisterre much less obvious, but when I was not sure where to go I could see people walking the other way coming towards me so I just went where they were and never got lost.

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
The way-marking is very good. There is the potential to reverse yourself if you forget you are supposed to be walking North with the sun shining on your left ear which is the one that can hear the ocean.

If you are only spending one day on this little hike don't forget to get a Sello in Lires. If you are staying in Lires, enjoy!!

Camino(s) past & future
Spring 2016: Camino Frances, Finisterre and Muxia
My brother and I walked this route in 2016 -- there were a couple of places where we got confused. But overall it was well marked. My guess is there have been some improvements since then.

We loved staying in Lires and walking to the beach for a good meal outdoors on a beautiful day.

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
I walked south from Muxia to Finesterre, with an overnight in Lires. Make sure you walk the road down to the beach in Lires and stop for a drink or meal in the hilltop cafe/bar that has a patio with beautiful views. Both stages are short and pleasant. I thought waymarking was pretty good, but saw very few pilgrims the whole way in late May last year.

OLDER threads on this topic

A few items available from the Camino Forum Store

Advertisement

Booking.com

Latest posts

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 9 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 4 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 34 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 112 14.8%
  • May

Votes: 186 24.5%