• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Muxia to Finisterre

Linda1962

Time of past OR future Camino
The French Way 2017
Planning to walk Muxia to Finisterre via Lires - solo - just started feeling a bit concerned about how clearly this way is marked and if I will get confused with backwards markings ? Any advice appreciated please !

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
The way is marked in both directions so there isn't the same problem with backward walking as with other sections.

One problem is if you stop for a break remember which way you were headed or else you may find that the arrows you follow may bring you back to where you started.

In 2015 I was wishing that some sections had more arrows for reassurance but this was along straight sections where they really weren't needed.

I have walked both ways in the past, Finisterre to Muxia and Muxia to Finisterre. I found the waymarking for Muxia to Finisterre much less obvious, but when I was not sure where to go I could see people walking the other way coming towards me so I just went where they were and never got lost.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The way-marking is very good. There is the potential to reverse yourself if you forget you are supposed to be walking North with the sun shining on your left ear which is the one that can hear the ocean.

If you are only spending one day on this little hike don't forget to get a Sello in Lires. If you are staying in Lires, enjoy!!

My brother and I walked this route in 2016 -- there were a couple of places where we got confused. But overall it was well marked. My guess is there have been some improvements since then.

We loved staying in Lires and walking to the beach for a good meal outdoors on a beautiful day.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I walked south from Muxia to Finesterre, with an overnight in Lires. Make sure you walk the road down to the beach in Lires and stop for a drink or meal in the hilltop cafe/bar that has a patio with beautiful views. Both stages are short and pleasant. I thought waymarking was pretty good, but saw very few pilgrims the whole way in late May last year.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back