• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Muxia to santiago by foot.

steve392

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances, September 2016
Fisterra, July 2018
Frances, March 2020
Hey all.
It's been a long while since I last posted on the forum, in fact it's been over a year.
I walked the camino last year and arrived in Santiago last October so it's a year to the day that I said goodbye for now to Spain with a sense of pride but also a feeling of unfinished business as I hadn't walked to Finisterre and Muxia.
The camino changed me in so many ways. The most important of which is that I met Alexandra who is now the love of my life and my fiancé (a story which we intend to share on the forum some time soon). Together we intend to return to Santiago and continue our camino to Finisterre and Muxia next July.
We would like to walk back to Santiago from Muxia. I can see it taking 3 days to walk so is there a direct route with accommodation? Is it possible at all? If so is there maps and guide books etc?
Any answers and advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Steve.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
People walk to Muxia from Santiago in three days, so I don't see any problem with doing it the other way around in the same amount of time. Yes, there are albergues - the same ones that people walking from Santiago stay at.:p
Just find a Santiago - Muxia guide and do it the other way. I met a few people who walked Santiago - Finisterre - Muxia - Santiago, so it's not so unusual.

The strangest and nicest thing about walking towards Santiago is all the pilgrims walking out of Santiago towards you. After a fairly lonely CF I loved all those little chats or at the minimum an exchange of a “buen camino”.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
In 2015 the tourist office in Santiago de Compostela gave out a free guide for the walks to Muxia and Finisterra (in English). I found a version of this online at: http://www.caminodesantiago.gal/documents/17639/155453/Fisterra Muxía - Plano - EN.pdf?version=1.0

If the PDF file linked to above does not work the file may have been renamed or moved. To locate it (or newer versions) try a Google search for these words: Santiago Muxia Fisterra Langosteira Amarela Vilar Sardiñeiro Grissaphan Fontana Laffi Ultreia Costa da Morte Codex Calixtinus Xacobeo Galicia -izquierda

Hey all.
The most important of which is that I met Alexandra who is now the love of my life and my fiancé (a story which we intend to share on the forum some time soon). Together we intend to return to Santiago and continue our camino to Finisterre and Muxia next July.
We would like to walk back to Santiago from Muxia. I can see it taking 3 days to walk so is there a direct route with accommodation? Is it possible at all? If so is there maps and guide books etc?
Any answers and advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Steve.
Congratulations on the "love find"!! How wonderful for you both!
I returned from CF 2 weeks back and did the Santiago to Muxia walk via Fisterre - however, it is 118 kms and it took me 4 days to do it and if you're doing a round-trip then plan to double the time. They have the same signage, albergues etc. as the other caminos except the accommodations are sparser and not so densely packed as the options on the CF.
The tourist/compostela office in Santiago gives you both the credencial as well as route and albergue list and there is also a Brierly guide available at the cathedral shop in Santiago. The other option is to get information from the Pilgrim House. Good luck & Buen Camino!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
HI all,
I have completed Frances - Jean de Pied in 2015 and 2016. I then walked Porto to Santiago to Muxia (52KM) and 36KM to Finisterre.
I am going back with my sisters again in July 2018. In 2017 we walked from Sarria to Santiago. We were known as the '5 sisters from Ireland-finding themselves and finding each other'. It was a fantastic trip.
We are planning to go back this year to walk Santiago to Finistere (is this 3 days walk??; walking 25-30KM per day. Stay two nights in Finisterre; then walk Finisterre to Muxia (1 day??); and then Muxia to Santiago (2 days).

Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Geraldine from Galway, Ireland

The distance between Muxia and Santiago is about the same as between Santiago and Finisterre, so you'll need to plan on at least 3 days.

We are planning to go back this year to walk Santiago to Finistere (is this 3 days walk??; walking 25-30KM per day. Stay two nights in Finisterre; then walk Finisterre to Muxia (1 day??); and then Muxia to Santiago (2 days).
I recommend looking at the guide mentioned in my post above (post #7 in this thread).

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Wow! All of this information has been greatly helpful for us as we are doing the CP Central to Santiago and then going out to Finisterre and Muxia and back to Santiago July/August 2018. Now I am confident to think this will be an extra week of walking. So exciting in this planning and research stage. Now to try and master some Portuguese language xxx

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back