• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Muxia to Santiago

Rosie Henry

Time of past OR future Camino
Bayona Portugal to Santiago 2016
Planning Muxia to Santiago 2020
Hi

I am looking for some help please. I walked from Baiona to Santiago in 2016 and heard all about Finisterre. I did not want to bus it as many people have suggested so I plan to walk from Muxia to Santiago as I think it is more meaningful to walk into the city when you have finished the walk. Is this doable following the shells? I am going with a party of 10 and as the most experienced in the group (!!) I am trying to work out if it is easy to do the walk back to front so to speak? Any one out there who can convince me or has already done this? We plan to stay in the city for an extra night before going back home.
So I have worked out it is approximately 121 kms from Muxia to Santiago. The people I am walking with are ticking off their 'bucket list' so 25kms per day is probably too much. I am aiming between 18 - 20 kms per day and plan to stay for 7 days in total. Last 2 nights in Santiago. So depending on where we stay it will vary but that is grand we can work it out.

I have the Camino Finisterre guide and will use it to plan where to stay but if anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

I appreciate you listening and hope you can help me.

Many thanks

Rosie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I think that it's slightly more difficult following the arrows back to Santiago, but not impossibly so. You can also use an app like Wisely + that uses GPS to show you where you are in relation to the Camino at all times.

For iPhone

For Android

I recall seeing arrows/shells going both ways. One way to find out, just get on out there :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We did santiago-Finisterr-Muxia in early November 2019, many pilgrims were coming back the other way so it won’t be lonely. There were waymarks for both directions pretty much at every turn (ie also marked back to Santiago). The route is fairly straight forward - we had no difficulties wayfinding. I can recommend the wisely app as mentioned above.

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back