• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Muxia to Santiago

BoscoPaul

Whilst the norm may be to travel from Santiago to Finisterre and Muxia are there many who do the route in reverse and start at Finisterre? Would you find yourself walking 'against the tide?'

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I've considered it, but have heard that some albergues won't take you in if you are traveling backwards.. not sure if that is true or not. But there's just something weird about going widdershins...

Hi
I walked this way in November,many walk as far as Muxia from Finisterre very few walk from muxia to Santiago, from Muxia to Hospital I had it all to myself-plenty of places to stay,a lot more than in the guide books,( only show the municiple aubergue's)the only hassel I had was in the Muxia Aubergue who are now demanding a sellos from an off route cafe half way along the 30km route.you do meet plenty of Pilgrims going the other way and you tend to stop and talk more than if you were walking with them. the downsides are the walk its quite hilly and the daily distances quite long-the waymarks are all pointing the wrong way and not as many it can get a bit confusing I got lost twice once coming out of Muxia itself (the path is left on the coast side) and once near Negrera. But if you are wanting a good walking challenge go for for it Galicia is rewarding.
there is a few pics on my blog below.
Ian

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hola - the route from Muxia - Finisterre - Santiago is recognised by the Pilgrims Office as an "official route" and they do collect stats on how many pilgrims recieve the Compostela having completed this route. I don´t currently have access to the data base however to check the exact number.

There should be no problem sleeping in the albergues if you have a Credencial - pick one up at the Pilgrims´Office in Santiago before you head out to Muxia or from the Pilgrims Office in Muxia itself.

Buen Camino

John

Most read last week in this forum

My husband and I would like to spend a night in Muxia after walking to Santiago but don’t have time to walk there. Rome to Rio says there’s busses twice daily, but if you go to the Monbus website...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back