• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

my 4th Camino......again the Frances....still not done :)

Dutchwalk53

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2015 with son #1, CF 2016 alone, CF 2017 with son #2 and husband , CF Sept 2018 with daughter
So it seems that every year around this time I get the "Camino bug".
Now I keep saying "next time I will do another route" just to keep coming back to the Frances. (Although I did 2 days of the West Highland Way in Scotland this summer but wasn't a huge fan ) Why the Frances again? I keep having family members /friends interested in the Camino and just feel that if you do it the first time , The Frances is just the most fun.
So here I am again.....planning a 3 week walk this time. First 10 days with my 28 year old daughter (my last of my 3 kids to join me ) then my husband will join me for another 10 days.
So...keeping track of flights again :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Glad to see you spreading the Camino fever @Dutchwalk53, the last of our 3 kids just finished his first. While I will always have fond memories of the French route, I've never felt the need to go back, there are so many routes to try and so little time. Life is short, why not stretch you legs on a new path next time.

Dutch, I get it. I love the camaraderie as well. At this point, I am figuring out what I like about it, and which etapas! Because I have limited time, I much prefer to walk someplace I really love.

I know I love the Frances route.

Also, because I've always walked "off season," I have never encountered crowds or a bed race. Unreal, right?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Now I keep saying "next time I will do another route" just to keep coming back to the Frances. (Although I did 2 days of the West Highland Way in Scotland this summer but wasn't a huge fan ) Why the Frances again? I keep having family members /friends interested in the Camino and just feel that if you do it the first time , The Frances is just the most fun.
So here I am again.....planning a 3 week walk this time. First 10 days with my 28 year old daughter (my last of my 3 kids to join me ) then my husband will join me for another 10 days.
Hi, I've also walked the Camino Frances, once in the spring and again in the winter. I agree it's somewhat addictive. I've also walked the west highland way, four times. The westy or the wet highland way, as it's also known. If Scotland had spains climate it would be a completely different walk. That aside, I enjoyed every step. Maybe I'm a tad biased. Enjoy your Camino.aw the best

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Dutch, I get it. I love the camaraderie as well. At this point, I am figuring out what I like about it, and which etapas! Because I have limited time, I much prefer to walk someplace I really love.

I know I love the Frances route.

Also, because I've always walked "off season," I have never encountered crowds or a bed race. Unreal, right?
Aside from the first time when I had 4 weeks, I also have limited time each year. But better then none. The only stretch I still haven't done is the Meseta. Year 1 I skipped that part, year 2 I had 2 weeks and did SJPP to Burgos, last year I had only 1 week and did with my family Pamplona to Santo Domingo. Next year it will be my daughters first time. She only has 1 week...so I think again starting in Pamplona. (I'm not a fan of the Sarria/ Santiago stretch) Once she leaves I will do 2 more weeks. Maybe I will include the Meseta this time. :)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Aside from the first time when I had 4 weeks, I also have limited time each year. But better then none. The only stretch I still haven't done is the Meseta. Year 1 I skipped that part, year 2 I had 2 weeks and did SJPP to Burgos, last year I had only 1 week and did with my family Pamplona to Santo Domingo. Next year it will be my daughters first time. She only has 1 week...so I think again starting in Pamplona. (I'm not a fan of the Sarria/ Santiago stretch) Once she leaves I will do 2 more weeks. Maybe I will include the Meseta this time. :)
On my 3rd Camino I finally walked the Meseta. I really liked it, especially the first part until Castrojerez. It has its own type of charm and interesting things to see (or should I say "not see".):rolleyes:

On my 3rd Camino I finally walked the Meseta. I really liked it, especially the first part until Castrojerez. It has its own type of charm and interesting things to see (or should I say "not see".):rolleyes:
I personally would love to do it. I like the calm fields and rolling "emptyness" . So I know I will get to it one day :)

I agree!! I love the Camino Frances! I keep getting told to go walk somewhere else, however the CF keeps pulling me back 3 times now. Planning my next walk in 2018!
Thanks for bringing this up... it feels good to know that others feel the way I do :)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I totally understand. I will be walking the Camino Frances for the 5th time starting September 23. Each time I walk I discover something new and get welcome back hugs in many places. I took my granddaughter in June 2017 and my daughter is coming September 23,2017. When I get bored u will try another route. Or since I am walking it twice this year I should walk there and back next year

I hope no one ever comes up with a cure for this "Disease".......

Most read last week in this forum

The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Just an FYI that all available beds are taken in SJPDP tonight - fully, truly COMPLETO! There’s an indication of how busy this year may be since it’s just a Wednesday in late April, not usually...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back