• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My book about walking the Camino Frances - I Will Find My Way

KellysMom

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances - May (2019)
Hi Everyone,
In 2019 I, as a solo female, walked the Camino Frances from SJPDP to Santiago de Compostela and have recently published what was meant to be a daily journal into a book. It is a story about what led me there, the magical journey of the Camino itself and so much more. It's available on Amazon now!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi Everyone,
In 2019 I, as a solo female, walked the Camino Frances from SJPDP to Santiago de Compostela and have recently published what was meant to be a daily journal into a book. It is a story about what led me there, the magical journey of the Camino itself and so much more. It's available on Amazon now!

Congrats on publishing your book - a Camino in itself ☺️

Amazon says it can not be shipped to my address? Is it not a "book"?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My first time posting here, as I just joined the forum. I’ve been thinking about doing the Camino for sometime now, so joined to get some inspiration. I saw this post promoting a book and that peaked my interest. Would love to hear some genuine feedback about the book or anything similar that will help inspire me 👍👍

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Would love to hear some genuine feedback about the book or anything similar that will help inspire me
Welcome to the forum. A few hours browsing here will give you lots of information and inspiration! Just be careful to understand that every individual is different, so you need to read a variety to get an idea of how you might respond in similar circumstances. You might enjoy the forum's Tales from the Camino section. (Click on the blue words for the link.)

Welcome to the forum. A few hours browsing here will give you lots of information and inspiration! Just be careful to understand that every individual is different, so you need to read a variety to get an idea of how you might respond in similar circumstances. You might enjoy the forum's Tales from the Camino section. (Click on the blue words for the link.)
Thanks for the quick response and advice - much appreciated 👍👍

Hi, will certainly look at the book as I walked it in April 2019, SJPP to Finisterre.
Can I ask what month you were on it?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
My first time posting here, as I just joined the forum. I’ve been thinking about doing the Camino for sometime now, so joined to get some inspiration. I saw this post promoting a book and that peaked my interest. Would love to hear some genuine feedback about the book or anything similar that will help inspire me 👍👍
I’m pleased that something piqued your interest.

If you have a browse around the forum I’m certain you’ll find more.

There are countless vanity-published travelogues to choose from; if that’s what you’re looking for. The best one can say for the majority is that they’re honest, and absorbent.

Alternately; if it’s advice as to routes, logistics and practicalities -then you’re in the right place.

Hi, will certainly look at the book as I walked it in April 2019, SJPP to Finisterre.
Can I ask what month you were on it?
I walked in May/June. Besides a few windy and rainy days, the weather was beautiful.

I am glad that this post peaked your interest. That was my first Camino and I am planning on doing another next year and I can tell you that there is a great deal of inspiring places to visit. This forum was so helpful during my planning stages, the information is great and the people are so friendly and helpful. YouTube is awesome for tips and tricks and, if you just don't know where to look then just google the particular thing you want to know and the list of places to visit will be endless. My best advise is - if you have been thinking about doing the Camino for sometime - do it! Make sure you wear shoes that are at least a size larger than you normally wear and do it! - Buen Camino my friend :)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
For personal reasons I was attracted to this book. I ordered the kindle book and just love it so far. Right up my ally.

One more thing.....Kelly's mom is a really good writer.
Wow, thank you so much for that! And, I am glad that you are finding it "right up your alley". That truly makes my day :) I would love if you could give it a review on Amazon.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Everyone,

I've bought it and look forward to reading it!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Everyone,
In 2019 I … have recently published what was meant to be a daily journal into a book. It is a story about what led me there, the magical journey of the Camino itself and so much more.
Kudos! My diary doesn't contain enough for a book. My excuse is that it's more fun to do it than to write about it. :)

Hello @KellysMom congratulations on publishing your book. I've bought the Kindle version.

Looks like you need a few reviews on Amazon! When I've read it (and a couple of others higher up the book queue) I'll leave a review.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hello @KellysMom congratulations on publishing your book. I've bought the Kindle version.

Looks like you need a few reviews on Amazon! When I've read it (and a couple of others higher up the book queue) I'll leave a review.
Yes, it's pretty new still on Amazon but I would appreciate any and all reviews. Thank you :)

Hello , I posted a review; you now have 5, all positive.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

Mary Colwell’s new book The Gathering Place: A Winter Pilgrimage Through Changing Times. Why did it make the 2024 shortlist of the best travel books? Several of the books on the shortlist are...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.