• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Camino Angel💜

Caligal

Time of past OR future Camino
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
C Finisterre Oct 16-Oct 20
After walking the CF, Pamplona - Ponferrada i wanted to take the train to Porto to do the CP. I started the 1st leg toward Tui, it was magnificent! I misunderstood the conductor who I thought said last stop, so I got off at said stop walked out of the station and said “where am I?” I asked 2 women one who spoke English said “Vigo” how far to tui? “Far about 40km” how can i get there? “ the bus” ok where is the bus station? “Far” ok i’ll take a taxi to bus, but who knows how often the bus runs. By then its late afternoon and i have booked a bed in Valenca across the river from Tui. Im trying to figure out what am I going to do. The young woman comes and tells me her Mom is in Vigo dropping her off to take the train to Santiago and then she is going back home to TUI!!! and she will take me!!!! An hour later she drops me off at the bridge in Tui and I walk across into Spain into Valenca and my stay at Hostel Bulwark ( my favorite hostel) Thus proving there truly are Camino Angels, mine were Carmen and Moonsie😇😇

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
That was so nice!

I once got on a train to Sahagun (I thought) and ended up in Vigo! lol!
The fellow at customer service there said many pilgrims make this mistake.
For me, it was a matter of asking a helpful station employee where to stand.
She said, "Stand here. The doors will open in front of you."
I did.
The train came.
It was 3 minutes early.
I thought, "Cool!"
The doors opened.
I got on.
Unfortunately, I got on the train to Vigo which left 3 minutes before the train to Sahagun!
I realized it the minute the train began going in the opposite direction!
Hahah! It was quite an adventure!

Beware!
Those Spanish trains are ON TIME!

There are some regional (non-TGV) trains in France that you can board and easily find a seat. You sit there very fat, dumb and happy thanking your lucky stars that you found a primo seats. Unfortunately you may not have looked at the ultimate destination of your car. Then you arrive at a station (Dax is one of them on the way to Bordeaux) when they split the train into two with one headed east and one headed south, finding you are headed to Pau.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I once arrived one afternoon in Santander by ferry from the UK. I booked into an albergue for a clean up and a nap, because my bus to Bayonne was leaving from the bus station at about 1.30am, a long overnight trip. (I was planning on walking the Camino Baztanes). I left the albergue about 1am, which was literally at the bus station and waited for my bus. And waited. The place was deserted.

Unknown to me the main bus station is underground. I found this out in the morning. So I sat there, in the street at a bus stop from 1am until the first bar opened in the morning. Staring at the albergue in front of me that I had just locked myself out of. No camino Angel for me!

In the morning I just caught the first bus to somewhere I knew. Hello Pamplona!

Davey

Most read last week in this forum

Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?
Hi I start to walk the Central on April 24th from Porto and need to send a suitcase to IVAR in Santiago for storage. Has anyone done this and if so did you use DHL or another courier company and...
Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
We are flying into Lisbon, then taking a train to Tomar for a couple nights, which looks pretty easy. What is less clear is the best way from Tomar to Porto. Have you done this? What do you...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back