• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Camino Blog is Finished!!!

JJinWI

Time of past OR future Camino
2018 French Way
2022 French Way
So... I finished my first Camino (French Way) on June 24 and keep a daily blog.

YES, I did suffer a little bit carrying an extra 4 pounds (2kg) with my iPad, keyboard, case, camera... BUT I don't regret it now. After about a week on the Camino, all the days start to blend together and becomes hard to remember all the details. The blog really helps me remember the whole experience.

I just finished cleaning up the blog and if you are interested, here is the link:

https://jjscamino.wordpress.com/tag/blog/

My objectives for the blog are simple:
  • To show the beauty of the Camino through my photos. (Note: I’m just an amateur photographer)
  • And add just enough commentary to capture what I feeling along Camino.
  • Plus add a few funny stories and pithy comments to make it a little interesting (including my famous SandwichCam :))
  • For those of you thinking about doing the Camino… to whet your appetite.
  • For those who have done the Camino… bring back some good memories.
Hope you enjoy it!!!!!

Cheers,

-jj

PS – I assume no responsibilities for typos or poor grammer in the blog. I have a Engineering degree fer God’s sakes.
OK… I feel much better with that off my shoulders
:cool:

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Save in favorites to read :) I liked your photos from St. Jean!
Thanks for sharing!

I love it, your photos are great, and you walked at the same time as I did so they bring memories

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Great blog. Following along with people's blogs/vlogs has become quite a hobby for me. Always surprised that I feel a tiny bit of sadness when the blogs come to an end. Definitely takes me back!

I love it, your photos are great, and you walked at the same time as I did so they bring memories
Thanks for the kind words...
So you got to "enjoy" the lovely weather in the first couple of weeks :cool:.

Actually, I loved the temperatures, but all the rain was :mad:

Did we meet each other????

Cheers,

-jj

Great blog. Following along with people's blogs/vlogs has become quite a hobby for me. Always surprised that I feel a tiny bit of sadness when the blogs come to an end. Definitely takes me back!
Thanks for the kind words!!!

I focused my blog on my photos... because a picture is worth a...
(Plus I have an Engineering degree and writing is not my strong suit :cool:)

Glad it brought back some memories... Mission Accomplished :)

Cheers,

-jj

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

...I am on day eight of walking the Francés at the moment. It is quite busy. A lot of talk about beds (and the need to book ahead). I don't book. Today I tried really hard not to get a bed. I...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
I was reading somewhere that some of us are doing night walks. As a natural born night owl I would love to do such walk too. Of course I can choose stage by myself (CF). But was wondering if any...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back