Search 69,459 Camino Questions

LIVE from the Camino My Camino de Invierno (July 2014)

Kinky, what is Las Médulas Park? Did you see a sign in a window in a house near the church saying rooms were available? (just trying to get some ideas about accommodations there). Thanks, Laurie
Huh, Laurie, now you got me... I don't know where exactly I got "Park", I mean in which source, but the telephone number is for Casa Soccoro (25€/single) which is on the way to upper (the second) Turist Office. First TO is on entrance and if you veer left (in direction to the church, 2nd TO & Hotel Agoga) from lavadera you go right into first street and the house on your left is Casa Soccoro. As I remember there were no signs for vacant rooms hanging on the fence which also run alont the street already mentioned that goes up to church etc.

So if I simplify -the Casa Soccoro is on the upper righthand corner of the street that goes from lavadera slightly uphill towards the church and first street to the right after leaving lavadera behind.

Does it makes any sense? o_O

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Huh, Laurie, now you got me... I don't know where exactly I got "Park", I mean in which source, but the telephone number is for Casa Soccoro (25€/single) which is on the way to upper (the second) Turist Office. First TO is on entrance and if you veer left (in direction to the church, 2nd TO & Hotel Agoga) from lavadera you go right into first street and the house on your left is Casa Soccoro. As I remember there were no signs for vacant rooms hanging on the fence which also run alont the street already mentioned that goes up to church etc.

So if I simplify -the Casa Soccoro is on the righthand corner of the street that goes from lavadera slightly uphill towards the church and first street to the right after leaving lavadera behind.

Does it makes any sense? o_O
Yes, perfect sense, thanks. L.

Yes, perfect sense, thanks. L.
You're welcome.
The same price was offered to me at the hotel across the street from first TO. Young lady there told me the hotel has some kind of albergue. Well, albergue for 25€ or single...
And Agoga was much more expensive not to mention about the weekends... I haven't seen any "free rooms" signs in As Medulas and I have walked every street of it. Of course that was last year.

Wish you a nice rediscovering of Camino de Invierno :)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am reading this thread for the first time. Wow, what a wealth of information! Thanks to all of you who have contributed, especially @KinkyOne (your English is great!).
But to be honest, I am a bit scared hearing about all the ups and downs! You see I just decided to join Laurie! So K1 I/we will be following in your footsteps and you will be following ours along the Levante:)!

Buen Camino.

I am reading this thread for the first time. Wow, what a wealth of information! Thanks to all of you who have contributed, especially @KinkyOne (your English is great!).
But to be honest, I am a bit scared hearing about all the ups and downs! You see I just decided to join Laurie! So K1 I/we will be following in your footsteps and you will be following ours along the Levante:)!

Buen Camino.

OK, LT, there's no turning back now, now that you've publicly committed to doing this. So happy that we'll be walking together -- and all thanks to this forum! Buen camino, Laurie

You're welcome.
The same price was offered to me at the hotel across the street from first TO. Young lady there told me the hotel has some kind of albergue. Well, albergue for 25€ or single...
And Agoga was much more expensive not to mention about the weekends... I haven't seen any "free rooms" signs in As Medulas and I have walked every street of it. Of course that was last year.

Wish you a nice rediscovering of Camino de Invierno :)

Hi, Kinky, As you see, I now have company on this walk, which I am really excited about. We will check out both options, but it sounds like Casa de Socorro is the place to go. I stayed at Agoga when I was there the last time, but it was expensive, and I'm glad to see there are cheaper options. So great to have you as a resource, Kinky. Laurie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, Kinky, As you see, I now have company on this walk, which I am really excited about. We will check out both options, but it sounds like Casa de Socorro is the place to go. I stayed at Agoga when I was there the last time, but it was expensive, and I'm glad to see there are cheaper options. So great to have you as a resource, Kinky. Laurie
You ladies will have a great time together, I'm sure!
Apropos Casa Soccoro it was the cheapest option last year in As Medulas. Good price for single with breakfast (which I don't eat even if it's included), very nice shared bathroom and I was the only one in on that certain day. The owner, senora, told me that her father walked Camino also and there are some certificates framed on the walls in small lobby of the house.

Ultreia!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Buen Camino.
Thank you, thank you :rolleyes:
There are lots of ups and downs but I'm sure I had some additional "problems" handling them because of bedbugs issue. It was much tougher psychically than physically. I'm sure you'll be OK!

I wouldn't post this much details for CF as I did for Madrid & Invierno. On CF there are so much more pilgrims, many guidebooks etc. OTOH I think I just had to give something back to those beautiful Caminos through my postings. Maybe some future walkers won't recognize it as a good deed if these routes become more lively ;)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
@KinkyOne I enjoyed reading this thread when you posted it and even more so now as I prepare for the Invierno. I regret that Asun no longer has beds for pilgrims - it was your time there that made her home the one place I really wanted to stay on this camino. Thank you again for all your valuable information in this thread!

@KinkyOne I enjoyed reading this thread when you posted it and even more so now as I prepare for the Invierno. I regret that Asun no longer has beds for pilgrims - it was your time there that made her home the one place I really wanted to stay on this camino. Thank you again for all your valuable information in this thread!
Thank you! :)

Asun no longer has beds for pilgrims??? Auch, that's too bad. I guess it has to do with care for her elderly mother.

Buen Camino!

Hi, @Theatregal,
I was also surprised to see that news, but have a vague memory that an albergue is going to open in a Rúa. When will you be walking? I hope to get to the Invierno in late June, we’ll see. It’d be great to meet up! Buen camino, Laurie

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi, @Theatregal,
I was also surprised to see that news, but have a vague memory that an albergue is going to open in a Rúa. When will you be walking? I hope to get to the Invierno in late June, we’ll see. It’d be great to meet up! Buen camino, Laurie
Hi Laurie,
I'll start June 7 in Ponferrada. I'll take it slow and wander a bit - take about 16 days - maybe 17 if I stop in Las Medulas for 2 nights to have a full day to explore there. So that means I'll probably be arriving in Santiago as you're starting. I'd like to be in Santiago on the 23rd for the Festival of San Juan. It would have been so great to meet up!
Buen Camino to you,
Caryn

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi, @Theatregal,
When I was there in 2014 I had info that there was an albergue in polideportivo somewhere near the river. Well, you know what those albergues usually look like ;)
But you can always use some disused train station for overnight stay :D

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back