• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Camino de Santiago 2010 video

gregdedman

Hi there everyone,

I thought I'd try the forums video function out and post my video snapshot of my last Camino, the Frances, Camino Muxia and the Camino Finisterre.

I walked 1,001km with a good friend of mine from Australia, Liz DeHaan during the months of October, November and December 2010.

I hope you like my images :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw8bA2f8CLE[/youtube]

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Great job, Greg.
The video turned out great and is a very good tour of the Camino.

I first read the 1001 km as 1001 miles and thought you had walked Le Puy to Santiago (my next, I hope). Not sure how far back you have to go to stretch it to 1000 miles but it must be just back of Le Puy.

Again, great show.!

Nice. I recognized one of our forum members even! I see you stopped in Moratinos.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks Greg,
Your photographs are wonderful but the one that stays in my mind and made me smile the most is the flecha on your dusty boot :D .
Nell

Thanks for your coments guys!

Greyland; why did you have to say that?!...going to have to start looking into that! :)
Renegade; I sure did, wonderful hospitality at the peacable kingdon.

Yep, Reb was a lifesaver to me....so glad I stopped at the Peaceable....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
You've got some really great pics in there! Nicely put together too!

Buen Camino, Karin :arrow:

Hi Greg,

Great Video :D. I got a feeling you could have been meeting the same people as me, there was one i think. A scottish guy at 2.24, he was wearing sandals and sealskin socks, he had more of a beard by the time i met him outside of Portomarin, i cant remember his name and i have lost my diary as well.

Mike

Hi there Mike,

That guy, Tam. We became good friends walking about 20 days together from the initial bus out of Biarittz all the way to Astogra! Great guy, very prititual, had a few outrageous 'realisations' but was one of those special people along the Camino.
I wonder if we ever crossed paths? mmm

Hi Greg,

When i met him for the 1st time it was just outside of Portomarin and he was walking with my Camino buddy, Alberto from San Diego, i kept meeting him after that, Portomarin, Melide, Santiago. Very quiet, but really genuine. I think there was someone else on your video as well a french speaking girl, possibly Quebec who was was walking with 3 other girls(1 Aus, 1 Canadian and 1 US) who were very good buddies.My last 13 Days were really strange walking - long distances, then really short distances, in the end i had a mad last 3 days, going from Portomarin to SDC to make mass on the 27th Nov, just so i could meet someone who was going by bus.

You might have met an Italian girl called Laura, she went on from SDC to Muxia and Finesterra, there was a group of them who set from SJPDP the same time i did.

Mike

Sure,
Those three girls you mention, Elsa from US, Judith from Canada and my good friend Liz from Aus.
I split from them all around Melide and like you had a mad finish to the Camino walking 45km the last day into Santiago...it didnt help that I decided to walk from Gozo barefooted, finally rolled in at about 9pm in the freezing rain.
Its always funny how yo can know the same people but never meet yourselves. I take it you're from the UK? I didnt meet a single person from the UK except for a young brit guy walking in reverse!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Greg,
Im not sure if it is the same 4 girls. The one from US (Nebraska) was called Mikala Kearney, and the only reason i remember that is because she sent me an e-mail, I am useless at remembering names, and it hasnt helped that ive lost my diary. The English speaking Canadian girl had a voice of an Angel and she treated us all to it when there was a group of us in a bar when she sang Amazing Grace and Ava Maria. But i have a feeling we were seeing the same people, and who knows we might have seen each other in a hostal or given each other a Buen Camino somewhere.

I was reading Margaret Merediths blog and she was in Santiago the same day as me, didnt meet her, but she walked on to Finisterra and because of the real cold snap that came in on the day i finished(the 27th) she needed help from an Aussie girl who was also a trail guide, to help her on icy rocky paths. Wonder if that was your Liz or the one who was in the group i kept meeting.

Mike

p.s i was also going to say that i met 4 english people on the camino, 2 in a bar in Burgos, we seemed to converge out of nowhere, we never met each other before, asked our customary english questions ' where are you from?' then went our merry ways, and a couple in a bar in Sarria (there is a connection here of how and where we meet, just cant quite see it?).

Most read last week in this forum

This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
The Burguete bomberos had another busy day yesterday. Picking up two pilgrims with symptoms of hypothermia and exhaustion near the Lepoeder pass and another near the Croix de Thibault who was...
Between Villafranca Montes de Oca and San Juan de Ortega there was a great resting place with benches, totem poles andvarious wooden art. A place of good vibes. It is now completely demolished...
Left Saint Jean this morning at 7am. Got to Roncesvalles just before 1:30. Weather was clear and beautiful! I didn't pre book, and was able to get a bed. I did hear they were all full by 4pm...
Hi there - we are two 'older' women from Australia who will be walking the Camino in September and October 2025 - we are tempted by the companies that pre book accomodation and bag transfers but...
We have been travelling from Australia via Dubai and have been caught in the kaos in Dubai airport for over 3 days. Sleeping on the floor of the airport and finally Emerites put us up in...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back