• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

My Camino Frances 2014 Daily Video Blog

Carle Brisson

For all of you who are thinking of walking the Camino Frances or for those of you who have walked it and want to re-live the experience through someone else, I have 40 days worth of videos posted on youtube. I walked the Camino Frances from St-Jean Pied de Port to Santiago from Aug 25 - Oct 1. Please feel free to watch and enjoy and/or comment on my Camino experience.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeDQnXngEAhqgATUh8h_5Zg

And complete playlist (40 videos):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPIVPVFdPEST2DtxYjd262wvTUW9gwwoL

Cheers,
Carle

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello Carle,

I've watched up until the end of day 16 in Burgos. Good video. Hope to find the time to watch everything.
Thanks for posting.
Buen Camino

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Excellent! .. I had too stop at Day2 but look forward to seeing the rest over the next couple days .. Thanks Carle!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I have followed your videos for the last few days, up to your arrival in Santiago.
The whole series is outstanding, as it avoids the usual clichés and shows with candor the ups and downs of daily life in the Camino. Sometimes it reminded me of Gunnar Walgraeve's "Radio Buen Camino", also a superb (and long) piece about the Camino Francés.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I felt at times that I was actually there walking along, especially during the spectacular descent from Cruz de Ferro to Molinaseca.
What a trip!

Thanks Fernando. I'm glad you enjoyed the videos. Putting them together brought me back there on a daily basis for the last month and a half.
I gather from your knowledge of the route that you have done this walk yourself. I'm always curious to hear other people's experiences so if you want to share - I'm all ears (or eyes)! ;)

Thanks, Carle Brisson, haven't done it yet, I hope to do it this year (at least half of it, SJPP - Burgos, then the second half next year). For the moment, I just made the whole Camino Frances by car last year, and that sure made me eager to walk it. I hope someday I'll have a whole month to make it in one go.

For all of you who are thinking of walking the Camino Frances or for those of you who have walked it and want to re-live the experience through someone else, I have started posting my videos on youtube. I walked the Camino Frances from St-Jean Pied de Port to Santiago from Aug 25 - Oct 1. I have approximately 24 videos at this time and will end up with about 40 videos by the time I'm done. Please feel free to watch and enjoy and/or comment on my Camino experience.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeDQnXngEAhqgATUh8h_5Zg

Cheers,
Carle
Absolutely loved every video and only wish I knew French!! Loved listening to it, though. My husband and I plan to walk the Camino Frances in Sept/Oct 2015.
Your videos so impressed me that I'd like to document our experience. Knowing that you are a photographer and I'm not, I wonder if my attempt can be successful. I'm curious about the Sony Action camera you used. How did you know you were pointing the camera correctly? Did you attach it to your backpack in addition to handheld? Considering using the remote watch but wonder if it is a benefit or not. Any suggestions?

Hi Tracy and thanks for watching!

As for the Sony Action Cam, it is a very wide angle lens so holding it at arms length towards you will yield the results you saw in my videos. I often glance at the camera to make sure I'm holding it straight and that it's pointing towards my head (more or less). One thing to keep in mind is that even though it's a small camera, you should always attempt to move it slowly and to keep it steady. I brought the watch display with me but I never even used it! Just practice using the camera a few times before you go reviewing your footage afterwards and you'll quickly get the hang of it. The 2 microphones are located on the front of the camera so it's important to hold it in a way that doesn't obstruct those microphne holes. I brought 3x 64G cards with me and this allowed me to comfortably shoot 20 minutes of video each day with plenty of room to spare. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your Camino - I would go back and do the entire trip again without hesitation.

Cheers,
Carle

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back